1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Ski Rider Hotel job ?

Discussion in 'Perisher' started by Kayden, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Kayden

Kayden Hard Yards

Worked last season at Buller, just saw an ad for jobs at Ski Rider Hotel. Anyone here done a season there before, or heard about what its like working there ?

2. skifree

skifree grey Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

Be aware it’s not ski in ski out. It’s a 5? Km shuttle bus from Perisher.

Nice spot tho.

3. Richard

Richard Maintenance Dept Administrator

The vibe of the place has waxed and waned over the last 30yrs depending on management of the day.

My understanding is there is some limited onsite accom for workers otherwise you commute from Jindy.

I’d be inclined to read last season reviews on TripAdvisor and booking.com to get a feel for how the place is running. Bad reviews inevitably mean half-baked management. Good reviews mean they got their shit together.

Personally not had direct contact for about 8 years or more so can’t comment on state of play today.

4. IAB

IAB A Local Ski Pass: Gold

New manager in last year. Mate of a mate who wants to make a real go of it.

Went to visit, my first time there. Massive old building, the heating bill would be huge.

Dunno what it would be like to work there but it's not far from Perisher and they run a regular shuttle bus for your days off (good if you got on site accomm).

5. Telemark Phat

Telemark Phat Pass the butter Ski Pass: Gold

If it includes on site accommodation it will be the typical isolated work situation. If you get on with everyone it will be brilliant, if you don't it will be terrible.

6. Schnitzelnschnapps

Schnitzelnschnapps Hard Yards

More like 10kms from Perisher. We stay at Ski Rider for a week every year, It's mildly tired but amazing value and a wonderful place to stay. Seems very well run to me. I usually see the same faces dishing out brekky as do dinner, I think you get worked pretty hard there. Great opportunity for the young'uns :) When we talk to the workers there they seem to display more enthusiasm about getting up to Canberra for a day of shopping over skiing - interesting.