1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

ski school and pre-registering

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by Crystal, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Crystal

Crystal (Sly made me Cry) - Sand skier extraordinaire Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

ski school and pre-registering

Okay, so I went online to download the form to fill it out for ski school. That way I can drop my son and hand the form over rather than fight for a pen, stand in the heat and listen to 600 other parents and children. Also I don't carry Dr's address, numbers, Medicare details etc with me when I ski. This is all needed by the ski school.

Well this year I find that they don't have the form online and they won't email it to me, it has to be done there and then on the spot……. Stupid stupid stupid. I would have thought it would have flowed better if parents fill out the form and have it ready when they drop their children. I am so cross.

I absolutely love the Falls creek ski school, with set up, teaching programs staff etc and have used them for a few years, but this year with the form now not available on line…I'm cut.

Steps off soap box now !! Thanks for listening.

2. Apresski

Apresski Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

All very true. Send an email of complaint to Benny, I assume he is still the Ski School Director.They are usually very obliging.

3. parkmonkey

parkmonkey Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

Benni is gone, though he might still be helping the hand over to the new Director.

4. Apresski

Obviously recent. Who's the new guy?

5. parkmonkey

parkmonkey Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

Franno, who was running race dept.

6. Crystal

it's not really a complaint though...the ski school is great, I just don't see why I can't get the form over the net or emailed to make it so much easier for me.

7. Apresski

I'm sure that they would relish the input. Anything to ease the process of registration, which is often difficult with kids running around, some of whom aren't totally happy with going to ski school.
    Seems eminently sensible to me to complete the formalities beforehand.

8. tr+h

tr+h One of Us

I had our 5 yr old in there 8-7-08 and i did not give any dr or extra details apart from what i could remember off the top og my head,,,, and no problems.

9. cardboardbox

cardboardbox First Runs

We downloaded a form for our 3 y.o. a couple of weeks ago from the falls creek website...it is available for download (over on the right hand side 'snowclub registration form') from the 'Milo Children's Programs' link under the Snowsports School heading.

10. Crystal

I'll go have a look

11. Crystal

ahhhh yes found it, you know, I swear last week it was not there. I went looking for it several times.

I did get a bit irrate on the phone last week asking them to fax it to me, so maybe it was off the net but now back on....who knows.

I am a happy camper once again.

THANKYOU

12. cardboardbox

cardboardbox First Runs

No worries. Glad you found it. Makes everything so much easier to have it pre-filled in...although daddy never quite DID convince the 3 year old to go to ski school so the form is still sitting in our back pack ready for next time. Our son ended up spending a couple of days at daycare instead (which he's been doing for a couple of years now...we've always had a really positive experience there, Margie is lovely) so we got some nice snowman artwork out the trip!

13. Crystal

hehehehe cool, has your son met pete the dragon ??? I ask as my son loves the ski school there as he beleives it is run by pete...and that he makes all the snow. Very good for getting him amped for the snow !!!!.

Our 6mnth old is going into the daycare there next week, she is a VERY relaxed baby so I don't think we will have any issues.