1. Coronavirus #StayHome

Official Advice

- People in Australia must stay at least 1.5 metres away from others and gatherings are limited to two people unless you are with your family or household.
    - If you believe you may have contracted the virus, call your doctor (don’t visit) or contact the national Coronavirus Health Information Hotline on 1800 020 080.
    - If you are struggling to breathe or experiencing a medical emergency, call 000.

Information Resources Mental Health Note: This announcement may be closed & This announcement will be reset every few days.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Ski school and the Daycare

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by Crystal, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Crystal

Crystal (Sly made me Cry) - Sand skier extraordinaire Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

I have to thank Falls Creek Ski school and Daycare once again....and that is why we keep going back to Falls now we have little ones.

The Ski School again was wonderful, our child came home happy and full of stories of what he had done all day. We found out that in the morning he was doing laps with the other kids of the beginners area then in the afternoon he was put onto the carpet as he was tired....well done for the instructors to take the initiative to work out he was tired. As long as he has a great time we don't care where he skis. Some parents are upset when they hear their kids have been on the carpet...but it was great. A happy kid will always go back to skiing and ski school.

The Daycare center was also fantastic, we have not used it before and this time put our 6mth old in. From the outset I was most impressed and rather than be approached by a pimply 18year old that stands there and looks blank as you explain your bubs routine...I was asked all the right questions which immediately made me feel at ease.

I went back at lunch to feed and she was happy as larry, had slept and was now playing with some older children. Sitting there for 30minutes feeding I got a good look at how they run the centre and would highly recommend it to anyone. All the kids were happy and having fun.

One thing I did notice was a few kids coming and going in Gum boots.....please mum and dad don't do it. All these kids were unhappy and complaining of their feet. They are extremely cold and don't insulate at all. Invest in some snow boots or put them in leather shoes and carry them.

Again Falls gets my vote as a family hill, thanks for a great weekend.

2. Claude Cat

Claude Cat On my bike Moderator Ski Pass: Platinum

We'll get to try it out in a couple of weeks with our nearly 2yo. I feel a lot more comfortable about it having read your post.
    Thanks.

3. cardboardbox

cardboardbox First Runs

Crystal, it's so good to hear you had such a positive experience with both ski school and daycare. I think the daycare is a brilliant resource for Falls Creek and it has been great to have had familiar faces staffing it over the last three years we have been using it. Makes for a real sense of continuity and community for mums, dads and children. I always intend to write to the FCRMB and tell them how good a resource it is and what a great job Margie does but somehow i never get around to it...i hope someone from the FCRMB is reading this!!
    Hope you caught up with Pete the snow dragon!

4. Crystal

I didn't see him but I am sure the 4yr old sniffed him out [​IMG]

#4 Crystal, Aug 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
  5. Apresski

Apresski Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

What a pity that the Daycare Centre didn't exist when my kids were young. The ski School has always been terrific and since its move to Cloud Nine, its facilities are so much better. I know it's expensive to put kids into ski school, but well worth it in the long run. I would rather self cater and use the savings on ski School.

6. TinkyH23

TinkyH23 Hard Yards

Ditto on that!
    My husband is now expert level and I am at Intermediate. LOL!

#6 TinkyH23, Aug 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2013
  7. wannaski

wannaski One of Us

That's great to hear Crystal.I am going to show this to my partner as he is so stubborn and says he would rather not ski,so he can look after our 6mth old son(he is freaked out about strangers looking after him).You can tell that I am the skiing fanatic in the family!Even just so we can have half a day to ski with our 4 yr old daughter together-she would love that,as I am sure she is going to love ski school after hearing how fantastic they are.Good news all round.

8. Crystal

yes, you can be sure that your 6mth old will be in very good hands. You can drop in anytime to check onthem and have a look see. I figure that if my bub was relaxed enough to have slept there and fed well then she must have been very happy.