1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Question Ski School Experience During COVID

Discussion in 'Snow Talk' started by karlo, Sep 21, 2020.

1. karlo

karlo First Runs

I’m am instructor in NA. Wondering how Snowsports School worked out this season, both student and instructor experience. Were the schools open? What changes were there in operations and services offered? What impact did it have on you? Thanks.

2. Annabuzzy

Annabuzzy Part of the Furniture Ski Pass: Gold

So far as I know group lessons were out, and privates in.

In Australia few people take private’s, relatively speaking.

karlo likes this.
  3. ShavedBadger

ShavedBadger One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

Perisher were offering group lessons for kids aged 6 and up, Thredbo ended up doing "Max5" lessons for kids 7-14.

We had to pay for private lessons for our almost-six year old at Thredbo and it was eye-wateringly expensive. That said, she went from being virtually unable to stop to linking turns at the Cruiser area in the space of four lessons.

karlo, Jonathan_P and Annabuzzy like this.
  4. Jonathan_P

Jonathan_P One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

I had my under 4 booked in for 5 weeks of Ski School which was cancelled for that age group, blessing in disguise.

Converted over to 9 2 hour private lessons by the end she was navigating and turning green runs with confidence and we took her on a big adventure deep into the resort.

Perisher you had to have a parent accompany to assist when the child falls over, it was actually quite enjoyable as you get to see your child progress and the instructor gave me lots of tips.

As @ShavedBadger said eye-wateringly expensive but in the end I think it was good value, probably do a mix next year assuming it’s running again.

karlo likes this.