1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Ski the World - Short Film

Discussion in 'Snow Talk' started by Holmlands, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Holmlands

Holmlands First Runs

A little film we thought members of this community might enjoy.

In 1994, aged 50, former Financial Times Ski Correspondent, Arnie Wilson skied every single day for a year in 240 different resorts across 13 countries with his girlfriend, Lucy Dicker as the couple made their way into the Guinness Book of World Records. Shortly after their extraordinary adventure, tragedy struck. More than 20 years later, Arnie recounts his incredible and heartbreaking story with Holmlands in the first episode of our Holmlands Stories series ...

Holmlands Stories: Ski The World

sly_karma, Dippo, nfip and 8 others like this.
  2. buckwheat

buckwheat One of Us

Just wow.

Holmlands and Snowy Joey like this.
  3. Heinz

Heinz Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

Certainly impressive. I do recall reading a report about it at the time. I noticed they had a day with HMH in NZ. In India they could have done a day out of Manali - the heliskiing had started there in 1990 and I was there in 1992. Didn't see what time of year they were there though.

La Grave sadly though was an unfortunate choice for a family holiday. An amazing place, but definitely not one most would choose for a family holiday.

Holmlands likes this.
  4. Holmlands

Holmlands First Runs

If you see the list at the end of the film, it shows where they skied each month in order of resorts/locations. (Looks like Arnie and Lucy skied in India in May ...)

5. sly_karma

sly_karma Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

I remember them coming to Apex early in their trip. Never did hear much about their travels after that, good to know they did it.

Holmlands likes this.