Ski the World - Short Film

Holmlands

First Runs
Oct 15, 2020
www.holmlands.co.uk
A little film we thought members of this community might enjoy.

In 1994, aged 50, former Financial Times Ski Correspondent, Arnie Wilson skied every single day for a year in 240 different resorts across 13 countries with his girlfriend, Lucy Dicker as the couple made their way into the Guinness Book of World Records. Shortly after their extraordinary adventure, tragedy struck. More than 20 years later, Arnie recounts his incredible and heartbreaking story with Holmlands in the first episode of our Holmlands Stories series ...

Holmlands Stories: Ski The World

Heinz

Fully vaccinated but nowhere to go
Ski Pass
Oct 14, 2005
Adelaide
Certainly impressive. I do recall reading a report about it at the time. I noticed they had a day with HMH in NZ. In India they could have done a day out of Manali - the heliskiing had started there in 1990 and I was there in 1992. Didn't see what time of year they were there though.

La Grave sadly though was an unfortunate choice for a family holiday. An amazing place, but definitely not one most would choose for a family holiday.

Reactions: Holmlands

Holmlands

First Runs
Oct 15, 2020
www.holmlands.co.uk
Certainly impressive. I do recall reading a report about it at the time. I noticed they had a day with HMH in NZ. In India they could have done a day out of Manali - the heliskiing had started there in 1990 and I was there in 1992. Didn't see what time of year they were there though.

La Grave sadly though was an unfortunate choice for a family holiday. An amazing place, but definitely not one most would choose for a family holiday.

If you see the list at the end of the film, it shows where they skied each month in order of resorts/locations. (Looks like Arnie and Lucy skied in India in May ...)

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass