1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Ski touring MT Cook NP

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by Andy Breaking Trail, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Andy Breaking Trail

Andy Breaking Trail Early Days

Anyone got an info/sites on ski touring/mountianeering glaciers/ Mt Cook NP area?

Planning a trip in September.

Any help appreciated.

2. essjaywhy

essjaywhy One of Us

3. craighelo

craighelo One of Us

Mentioned some facebook options in the other thread you asked the same question

4. stuarth

stuarth Addicted Endless Winter

Hi,
    you've got this question in a few locations, but I'll just pick here. Skitouring.co.nz & its facebook group (& also the ski mountaineering mt cook facebook group) linked by Simon & Craig are a good start. You could look at my trip reports for pictures of a lot of the classic terrain. The short answer is I have a lot of information about skiing and climbing in Aoraki Mt Cook & Westland NPs (I started guiding in 2000), but that post could get terrifyingly long, so if you wanted to make your questions a bit more specific here or contact me, then I'll help you out with some (possibly far too many) details. I'll be guiding some skiing in the park in September as well, so I might see you there.
    s

Red_switch likes this.
  5. Nozawaman

Nozawaman A Local

6. stuarth

stuarth Addicted Endless Winter

A little clip of terrain & the view - the top of the Boys Glacier on the way out from Plateau Hut to the village. No useful help, but encouragement to go ahead with your trip...