1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Ski tow passes - clarification?

Discussion in 'Ben Lomond' started by SirWinston, Aug 1, 2008.

1. SirWinston

SirWinston Hard Yards

Hi guys,

Over the past few years I've heard various terms being thrown around regarding various types of ski tow tickets/passes, but I've never taken much notice because I've usually had a season pass. So, can you guys please clarify this for me: What's the difference between a "late starter" and "half day", and when do these times take effect? Also, if there is a difference between the two, what's the "late starter" rate for a tertiary student?

I'll be bringing a couple of carloads of friends up this weekend, so looking forward to having a good one!

2. SnowManDan

SnowManDan First Runs

I know half day for a student is $25.
    A full day for student is $45
    Never heard of the "late starter" although spoke to a couple of guys who turned up at 3:30 the other day, i.e with half an hour left of the tows running, and were allowed on for free!

3. LastRun

LastRun First Runs

Late starter passes were scrapped last year (or was it the year before?). They kicked in at 11:15. I do miss them.

4. LastRun

LastRun First Runs

.... half day is from 12:30

5. SirWinston

SirWinston Hard Yards

I'm sure my MIL was allowed to get them last year? :-s

6. Bulldozer

Bulldozer First Runs

Late starter tickets were scraped over the summer primarily for the reason that customers were getting stroppy with ticket staff when they wouldnt sell them before the advertised time of 11.15 (very nasty and abusive) Half days are either up till 12.30 or from 12.30http: Go to//www.ben-lomond.com/blc.html to see current ticket prices
    BD