1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Ski Tube include park entry?

Discussion in 'Perisher' started by BlakeJ, Jun 7, 2019.

1. BlakeJ

BlakeJ First Runs

Hey guys,
    Hoping someone on here can verify if the ski tube add on for the Epic Pass includes National Park entry? The perisher website states that the national park entry fee is included in the price of the ski tube ticket but i'm thinking this is just marketing fluff.
    The reason I need to know is that I am wanting to camp in my van (ideally in the national park) but catch the ski tube. I've emailed perisher with no response.
    Before anyone jumps in and says to stay at a caravan park, I'm broke af and hoping to last as long as I can in the season.
    Thanks for any help!

2. Legs Akimbo

Legs Akimbo Grumblebum Ski Pass: Gold

It is included if you only ride the Toob. The Toob carpark is outside the park, so you don't have to pay an entry fee to get to it. However, if you drive into the park you have to pay the fee.

currawong likes this.
  3. D-eye

D-eye Photographer and skier Moderator

The tube includes park entry for yourself. But if you drive in, it won't include your van (AFAIK).

4. BlakeJ

BlakeJ First Runs

So it's basically just a passenger entry fee? Damn I was thinking it was too good to be true to have the option of driving or catching the tube :( Is free camping heavily patrolled around Jindy and Bullock flat? Thanks for the replies

5. chicski

chicski A Local Ski Pass: Gold

Free camping around the lake is prohibited due to people trashing it and turning it into a weekend ghetto. I think if you discretely sleep in your car at Bullocks Flat you won’t be disturbed. They have overnight car parks.

6. D-eye

D-eye Photographer and skier Moderator

The parks entry fee is a per motor vehicle fee info here. If you walk or ride a bike into the park it's free.

The tube is a vehicle, its charge is worked out like a bus (from what I can see) in which case they have a fee per passenger. The bus fee is listed here. Perisher must have worked out with NPWS a value to charge for a season pass, as well as what it would be for day and multi day passes.