1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Skiing Europe last week of May 2019

Discussion in 'Europe' started by andrew7, Nov 10, 2018.

1. andrew7

andrew7 Hard Yards

G'day All,

Looking at a week in the Alps hiking and also if possible skiing the last week of May next year (followed by a week at Lake Como).

Flying into Milan or Geneva so open to whatever works; will hire a car.

(Skiied Zermat last year so I believe that is a strong option for Glacier skiing, also a beautiful resort). Any other ideas/experience would be appreciated.

thanks

2. LaNeige

LaNeige One of Us

Hum hiking and skiing end of May in the Alps ... Chamonix would fit the bill. Good chance of skiable snow, high altitudes great scenery and good hiking. Also easy access from Geneva.

3. Kletterer

Kletterer Thredbo Doughnut Tragic Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

Cervinia, Monte Rosa.

4. andrew7

andrew7 Hard Yards

Thanks Guys, agree Chamonix also appears suitable however I don’t think you can ski late May. Will check out Cervinia though probs loses points to Zermatt and Cham for Village charm .

5. LaNeige

LaNeige One of Us

You might be able to hire a guide and do some touring, depending on the conditions etc

6. Luv my K2s

Luv my K2s Early Days

Just to give you the heads up that Zermatt in May is renovation time.. so more noise and fewer places open.. I still enjoy skiing then tho especially if snow is still good as mountain is practically all yours and if snow not good, the hikes are still spectacular.