Opinion Skiing in Dubai

Stacy26

First Runs
Aug 7, 2017
New York, NY, United States
Hey,

Does anyone know or been to the Indoor Ski Resort in Dubai. The name is Ski Dubai and I'm planning to go there for my short visit to Dubai next month.

I have never heard of indoor skiing. I wish to ski there during my visit.

Need your opinions.

I am attaching a pic I found online.
Ski-Dubai-header11.jpg

emkae

One of Us
Ski Pass
Nov 6, 1998
Melbourne
I might visit Ski Dubai if I was in Dubai but I wouldn't go to Dubai just to try Ski Dubai

FatBoyDave

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 3, 2013
Melbourne
Photo doesn't do it justice. From memory the ski run dog legs up the indoor hill and there are windows from the mall attached looking in.

WaitAwhile

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 29, 2012
Perth/part time resident of Jindabyne
Couldn't think of a better way to spend a few hours , while the wife goes window shopping.
No need for sunglasses and a nice way to spend a morning or afternoon on a really hot day.Great novelty value,even only if you do it once.

Reactions: dibl0c

sperks

Hard Yards
Jul 4, 2004
melbourne Australia
Worth a visit if you are there they supply all the gear except gloves I enjoyed it went
It's in a shopping centre so plenty to do after your visit

ju87

Hard Yards
Jan 10, 2017
I skied there in 2006. The snow quality is surprisingly good. Definitely worth a try if you happen to be in Dubai.

Tonester

Lift Line Nazi
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2001
Sydney
Yep, we did it last October. After a whole winter season at Perisher, it was the furthest thing from my mind. We were returning from Europe and had a few days stop over. We went to the mall and, according to my wife, the look of sheer wonder and joy in my face, as we rounded to corner and spotted it was huge. Both my boy and I ended up wasting a couple of hours there. It was fun, from a novelty point of view. But....the hire gear was shocking. I have forgotten how terrible hire boots can be. And 2 hours is more than enough to get the SDS out of your system.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass