1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Skiing over 70yo lift pass

Discussion in 'Hotham & Dinner Plain' started by hothamite, Sep 8, 2019.

1. hothamite

hothamite Hard Yards Ski Pass: 30 Day

I haven’t seen a reference to this on the board but I saw today that the previous arrangement from the ticket office was once you turned 70 years old , you could ski for free , no lift pass required.
    As of next year , 2020, those over 70 will need to pay $199 for a season pass.
    What was once a loyalty incentive has now been removed.
    In my Lodge, we have a few over 70 who have made Hotham their home mountain and were looking forward to skiing for free after many years of paying lift prices.
    Shame on you Mt Hotham

Hot_ham on Rye, Skiain and skifree like this.
  2. chrisj

chrisj One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

It's a Vail resort now, so that more or less brings it into line with Perisher, which was $189 for an over 70 season pass this season. Still a huge bargain. It seems a number of resorts are withdrawing their free over 70 passes, because there are just too many of us these days.

Any and nezumi like this.