1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

skiing PB on Thurs 2/8

Discussion in 'Perisher' started by AdrianM, Aug 1, 2007.

1. AdrianM

AdrianM First Runs

hey all,

I'm skiing Perisher on Thursday, haven't skied it since about 2000, where we stuck mainly to Olympic, Eyre, international etc.

Anyway, I've noticed that the weather looks to be a bit dodgy, particuarly because of high winds, so I was wondering where are the best areas to ski (best tree lined areas). Also, in high winds, how is Blue Cow and Guthega because I haven't been to Guthega for over 15 years, and I've never been to Blue Cow. Finally, is it easy to get from Perisher to Blue Cow, to guthega and back, particuarly in high winds?

Thanks

2. cwpski

cwpski Hard Yards

Hey,

Assuming it is very windy -->

Blue Cow to Perisher - might have to take the tube because Pleasant Valley may be on wind hold

Perisher to Blue Cow - you may be able to use the Forrester quad or interceptor. Ski tube is also an option.

Guthega to Blue Cow - potentially risky especially if the early starter chair and terminal chair are closed (in very high winds). You will have to hike from the bottom of the double starter chair to the blue cow terminal (not too long a hike, but still best avoided if possible)

Access from blue cow to guthega in high winds is generally fine (its all downhill)

Sometimes the wind blows from a particular direction (not quite sure which direction though) where the summit quad and terminal quad at blue cow are closed, however the ridge chair remains open. This means that you get a fair bit of the mountain to yourself. Check the lift boards first though!

Don't discount smiggins for a few runs in horrible weather.

3. Snow Blowey

Snow Blowey Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

Nah you can stay high (well above the bottom of the terminal chair) and traverse around through the trees to the base of the brumby t-bar. This is the high wind evacuation route.

#3 Snow Blowey, Aug 1, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2013
  4. cwpski

cwpski Hard Yards

Opps - forgot about that one.

#4 cwpski, Aug 2, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2013
  5. tot

tot Hard Yards Ski Pass: Silver

looking at the cams of pb today it looks like everyone slept in .