Slope Unweighting - Your lessons come together

bawbawbel

Easi Ski.....
Ski Pass
Jun 22, 2000
vic
Will chuck my book in the bin (rough draft).
Natalia wins the comprehension stakes.
Torsion (coiling) in the second half of the arc, then releasing it into the slope.
Reviews of her ten dollar book here, pls

bawbawbel

Easi Ski.....
Ski Pass
Jun 22, 2000
vic
Q. What, then, is the difference between your solutions and Natalia's ?
A. I provided a top leading solution for every possible point in ski technique.
Natalia provides one exercise and one advanced exercise only.
Absorb and practice them until your comprehension of skiing changes.
Then just continue where your lessons have left you.
Magic mushrooms may help.. :)

Reactions: crackson

bawbawbel

Easi Ski.....
Ski Pass
Jun 22, 2000
vic
Can You post out a copy of Your book for comparison?
I reckon ther’d be a couple of Us interested
"Effortless Skiing" is the primer. We all could take it from there.
Non technical, the figures just show how to orient your body relative to the slope.
P1060899.JPG

bawbawbel

Easi Ski.....
Ski Pass
Jun 22, 2000
vic
$3.09 on Kindle. I'm reading it now.
It should be noted that you paid the Kindle Unlimited price. The Kindle Unlimited subscription is US10 dollars a month until you cancel it.
Reading it AND understanding it ?

Last edited:

chrisj

A Local
Ski Pass
Jul 30, 2018
Terrigal, Darkinjung country
It should be noted that you paid the Kindle Unlimited price. The Kindle Unlimited subscription is 10 dollars a month until you cancel it.
Reading it AND understanding it ?
I have a subscription to Amazon Prime (streaming). I'm not aware of Kindle unlimited.
I understand what she is saying. Does that mean I "get" it? Dunno at this stage.

bawbawbel

Easi Ski.....
Ski Pass
Jun 22, 2000
vic
Drill number one :
"This drill is a good way to demonstrate to the skier that the skis can turn with no action of the legs, just through the rotation of the shoulders "
So much for my repeated suggestions to exaggerate anticipation !
Two stage is all the rage, and going viral...

Joe Luxford

First Runs
Jul 1, 2020
Canberra
Thanks for posting about Effortless Skiing. I've downloaded it on Kindle and started reading. Like the author, I've been a very ordinary skiier for 30 years. I can relate to everything she says in the first chapter.

Reactions: bawbawbel

bawbawbel

Easi Ski.....
Ski Pass
Jun 22, 2000
vic
Thanks for posting about Effortless Skiing. I've downloaded it on Kindle and started reading. Like the author, I've been a very ordinary skiier for 30 years. I can relate to everything she says in the first chapter.
Very interesting how she claims to have looked in vain for a simple description of how a modern turn works.
We wonder if our leg bones are really rotating in their sockets when we should just be tilting our shoulders and throwing them down the hill. :)
Note that her figures are not an analysis of the forces produced by turning. They demonstrate the movements that YOU apply in the bottom half of the arc to float your skis into the NEXT turn.
She dropped her ebook price to near zero to discourage direct plagiarism, which is threatening to overwhelm her message with extra crap.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass