Question Small Italian towns

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
Certaldo. About 8km from our BnB. Just another of the dozens of medieval walled towns in Tuscany. This one less full of tourists.

33BFAEA5-617D-4307-B202-8D332E13FCE0.jpeg

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
I see you have outed yourself as one of those despicable creatures that takes videos vertically.

Yes. Well the thing is that most videos are taken to share on natively vertical SM like WhatsApp and Messenger. YouTube is a bit mid 2000’s like that.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
Travelling once again in these congested populous nations of Europe demonstrates that we really quite enjoy solid reliable kick-ass 4G coverage in Australia.

Upload is woeful. Download barely adequate and constantly slips back to 3G as soon as 5k out of a regional centre.

So far, at all the major attractions the mobile connections have been seriously congested during the middle day hours (Vatican, Colleseum, Pompei, Uffizi, Sorrento town centre etc).

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
Lunch at the local butcher/trattoria in ‘Greve in Chianti’. He does ham.

So this was yesterday, and the prosciutto was frickin Food of the Gods. Effing incredible.

I’ve since had a few more serves elsewhere and I’ve come to the conclusion that yesterday’s was so divine because it was sliced and served immediately. 5 minutes max from slicing to eating. Literally melted on the palette.

Usually there is a slightly dry leathery texture to the thin hams - which I’ve always inevitably had pre-sliced and/or packaged as pre-sliced (and always considered delicious just the same)

Any curated meat experts out there care to observe? @me tun @Doonks

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using