Snow at Lake Mountain

timonearth

Hard Yards
Jul 20, 2010
Melbourne mostly.
Nice pics as always CM.

I went up to Mt Margaret instead to introduce the dog to snow for the first time.

Passed this on the way...... no one around anywhere looking for help but a good reminder to take it easy.

229149_10150182057785683_732265682_7298036_80888_n.jpg

After 25 minutes playing in the snow, the dog was over it and shivering so he retired to the comfort of the Delica. He gave me dirty looks for the next few hours.

222300_10150182055765683_732265682_7298022_4451127_n.jpg

Definitely want to get back into some X country this year, looks like Lake Mountain was nicely covered.

smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Donza

Dogs body...
Ski Pass
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahaha that poor pooch

look at that one eyed death stare

FixedGrip

Kick-Ass Blaster
Ski Pass
May 31, 2005
The Chammy
looks like he'd be more at home lazing about in front of an open fire
tongue.gif

timonearth

Hard Yards
Jul 20, 2010
Melbourne mostly.
teckel said:
It looks as though the dog preferred the warmth of the car.
laugh.gif

Or was that after the run in the snow?

It was after the run in the snow.... I think on a slightly nicer day with some sun he may be a bit more into it.

And yep Fraggle is a labradoodle.... and he is very good a giving death stares.

Here's one more pic. I feel like he's saying. "Uh... what the @#$@ did you bring me here for!"
smile.gif

223342_10150173391922261_712552260_7153632_7062232_n.jpg

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

timonearth

Hard Yards
Jul 20, 2010
Melbourne mostly.
teckel said:
Just heard about that ute from another source.
laugh.gif
Qld registration? Belongs to a young lad from Eildon. He drove it off the edge on Saturday morning.

Yep QLD registration and P plates. No real damage done from what I could see.

Was going to stop and introduce myself to you Teckel but was running short on time on my return trip. Will head up to LM soon for a ski will drop in and grab some equip then and say hi.

smile.gif

weerab

One of Us
Jul 13, 2009
Beautiful Altona Victoria
That's a great pic of Fragga. We have two labradoodles in our extended family, my BIL has a male called Lincoln and my SIL has a female called Sniffa. Great dogs but a wee bit hyper! Sam choc brown as Fragga.

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
Yes we did get a few comments. We honestly went up there with no idea whatsoever to expect, the reports teckel had received were that it was very soft, so we actually thought it might be Seth struggling on his skinny skis.

But enough people had been out and about that an XC setup would have been the way to go in hindsight. Either way we had a fun day on the snow, and probably worked off a few more calories than Seth due to our kit weighing about 5-6kg more than his!

ians 158

One of Us
Ski Pass
Nov 15, 2006
melbourne
CarveMan said:
Yes we did get a few comments. We honestly went up there with no idea whatsoever to expect, the reports teckel had received were that it was very soft, so we actually thought it might be Seth struggling on his skinny skis.

But enough people had been out and about that an XC setup would have been the way to go in hindsight. Either way we had a fun day on the snow, and probably worked off a few more calories than Seth due to our kit weighing about 5-6kg more than his!

Whats with the ABS? Expecting avalanches?
laugh.gif

Nice pics.

GS

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 20, 2004
Yarra Valley Vic
Don't laugh, with all the snow on Thursday I dug a pit near that couloir out past Panaroma....can never remember it's name. Top half was ok , little thin down low though. Long slog out over all the fallen burnt timber.
wink.gif

Rimey

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jan 28, 2010
The modest end of the Great Divide
Lake Mountain Resort are the Australian distributors of Trab skis from Bormio, Italy.
Trab go to a mid fat at 90mm, so your Gotamas are still fat for LM.

FYI, Trab do ski running (uber lightweight AT gear), regular duty AT, telemark and the skinny stuff, hence LMR. Their gear is all laid up by hand in Italy.

If I had the time, a little wander around LM would have been fun on the tourers.

Rimey

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jan 28, 2010
Boodwah's talking about that sort of gear. Presumably for the Razorback, BHP's, Jugungal etc.
Saves the skins on skins off deal.
I will be interested in SB's comments on how his new lightweight Dynafit boots handle the descents.

Snow Blowey

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Jan 7, 2004
Dubbo NSW
fast_limey said:
I will be interested in SB's comments on how his new lightweight Dynafit boots handle the descents.

I decided to harden up and stick with the ZZeros for at least another season.

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
I reckon the new TLT boots look interesting, I feel that maybe I jumped onto the AT bandwagon a year early, it looks like there are some amazing innovations going on, I've spoken to a few people in the know who reckon it's the fastest growing segment.

Stratus

A Local
Apr 22, 2005
Melbourne
I think this week will be my last chance to go MTBing up there before winter.

Any reports of how much snow is on the ground still? I'm hoping not much.

Stratus

A Local
Apr 22, 2005
Melbourne
That Buxton course is ace if it hasn't rained in 2 weeks, otherwise its too slipperly. Thursday looks OK with warm temps, hopefully all the snow is gone by then.
Evil snow rudely interrupting my cycling schedule
outtahere.gif

Rimey

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jan 28, 2010
Snow Blowey said:
I decided to harden up and stick with the ZZeros for at least another season.
My red ZZeros are about 100g heavier than your green ones.
They do what the're told and they do the job.

CarveMan said:
I reckon the new TLT boots look interesting, I feel that maybe I jumped onto the AT bandwagon a year early, it looks like there are some amazing innovations going on, I've spoken to a few people in the know who reckon it's the fastest growing segment.
After a couple of days on the Ramsheads in 2009 on a rented G3 Fritschi combo, I started my homework. In that ten months , I was amazed at the AT gear tech innovations anounced over that period. The gap between resort freeride and AT has become miniscule and with many less grams. Main performance difference is in the bindings. Distortion from jumps landings.
No big deal for me. As a GP I had a ski with a year or two ago said "I value my ligaments".

Just before midday on Sunday I flicked on the TV to OneHd. World of Free Sports was showing a ski running event. Hundreds of spectators skinned up to the top of one of the summits. That's what I call interactive.

bigmak

Hard Yards
Jun 8, 2011
question is will they get out and groom for the weekend as I am sure plenty will be up for a blow out the cobwebs and clear out the wax box session!

teckel

"I'm not a cat"
Ski Pass
Oct 16, 2004
Narbethong, Vic
www.mysticmountainsskihire.com.au
Vermillion said:
Cold up on the mountain but the fan gun isnt running? And I didnt see it running yesterday either, what's the go?
It was running full blast yesterday morning. Been too busy today to check it - hire in full swing - heaps of chains gone out to workers trying to get the mountain ready. Was meant to be my last day off for 4 months, but I couldn't close the shop!

Vermillion

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Nov 13, 2005
Cranhole, Melbourne, VIC
Cheers Ian yeah that's what I was seeing. I would have thought the more the better for the weekend.

PS - I like where it's positioned
tongue.gif

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass