Snow Cams

Oldie

Hard Yards
May 1, 2002
Outer SE Melbourne
As the season approaches, it helps with the SDS by looking at the cams, even at the resorts I'm not likely to ever visit. I notice that there are no cams for Selwyn. I realise that they are still rebuilding but is it likely that some cams will soon be online? (About 33 years ago I had the opportunity to have a days skiing at Selwyn. Lots of rope tows back then. I had a great day. It was a great testimony to the summer slope grooming that although the cover was not particularly deep, it was top to bottom with no holes or slush patches!)

BrindiCruiser

One of Us
Jul 24, 2016
As the season approaches, it helps with the SDS by looking at the cams, even at the resorts I'm not likely to ever visit. I notice that there are no cams for Selwyn. I realise that they are still rebuilding but is it likely that some cams will soon be online? (About 33 years ago I had the opportunity to have a days skiing at Selwyn. Lots of rope tows back then. I had a great day. It was a great testimony to the summer slope grooming that although the cover was not particularly deep, it was top to bottom with no holes or slush patches!)
The selwyn social media feeds can be kinda helpfom sometimes.
I agree that it does not take much snow at Selwyn to get it running. Lotsa grass and not too many rocks on the runs.

Megs

Hard Yards
Mar 22, 2006
Windsor NSW
Fingers crossed the cams will be up shortly. I'm guessing that they're waiting until either the opening or maybe the week leading up they'll pop 1 or 2 so that people can start to get a little more excited!

skichic

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
Fingers crossed the cams will be up shortly. I'm guessing that they're waiting until either the opening or maybe the week leading up they'll pop 1 or 2 so that people can start to get a little more excited!
Selwyn not opening.

snowmobile

One of Us
May 16, 2002
Canberra
From Selwyn

We’re deeply saddened that we find ourselves in this situation. Due to unprecedented early snowfalls the Selwyn re-build will not be complete by 2nd July. It’s difficult to be here after the hurdles we have faced over the last few years, and we want to thank our guests and the public for your ongoing support. All guests who have purchased products from Selwyn Snow Resort will be refunded in full. See more bit.ly/SSRMediaRelease

3A009BD9-CC52-47E5-8B43-7B9055E97B97.jpeg

5903D952-00CC-4DDC-B769-F1A50CA460B3.jpeg

98BD34F5-9C58-4DC5-9214-E240C7D48227.jpeg

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

nezumi

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2009
Melbourne
What an awfully ironic position to find yourself in, as a snow rest that doesn't exactly get heavy cover most of the time, to all of a sudden be unable to complete works and open up because of too much snow. :(

Megs

Hard Yards
Mar 22, 2006
Windsor NSW
Selwyn not opening.
Is it wrong to say I'm pretty disappointed from a purely selfish point of view? I know so many who will be up for financial losses over this and I feel awfully for them and this makes me just cross.... so many people planned business wise, holiday wise and employment wise so I personally cannot complain. But I don't understand how it can be so far from being opened that with only 3 weeks to go they pull the plug. They had to know a while ago they weren't going to make it. They should have called it in March/April. I freaking love Selwyn... such a huge supporter so it kills me to even type this. Fingers crossed they can sort everything out.

skichic

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
Is it wrong to say I'm pretty disappointed from a purely selfish point of view? I know so many who will be up for financial losses over this and I feel awfully for them and this makes me just cross.... so many people planned business wise, holiday wise and employment wise so I personally cannot complain. But I don't understand how it can be so far from being opened that with only 3 weeks to go they pull the plug. They had to know a while ago they weren't going to make it. They should have called it in March/April. I freaking love Selwyn... such a huge supporter so it kills me to even type this. Fingers crossed they can sort everything out.
Because weather. Nobody knew in March that there would be this much snow.

Reactions: Megs

Legs Akimbo

Grumblebum
Ski Pass
Mar 3, 1999
Coastal suburban boonies.
You can do a lot of fitting out in 3 weeks. I used to have a client who did Post Shops. They were given possession on Saturday afternoon and handed a brand new shop over on Monday morning. But if you can't get trucks in to do deliveries you are stymied.

Reactions: djam

Megs

Hard Yards
Mar 22, 2006
Windsor NSW
You can do a lot of fitting out in 3 weeks. I used to have a client who did Post Shops. They were given possession on Saturday afternoon and handed a brand new shop over on Monday morning. But if you can't get trucks in to do deliveries you are stymied.
That’s what I was hoping… but I think it’s bigger than just a fit out. There were generators running when we were up there and I’ll leave it at that. So glad I didn’t buy my NPWS yearly ticket now I won’t be heading up there so much this winter. Anyway… I’m going to try and shake it off. I can’t affect any change or fix it so I’ll just have to be patient for next year.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass