1. Use the Force filters Luke Guest!

Skis     Snowboard     Telemark     Clothing     Boots     Bindings     Accessories     Roof Racks     Chains     Outdoor Gear     Wanted     Free     Sold

Wanted Snow chains suitable for 235/55R19 tyres

Discussion in 'Gear Swap' started by tommy_XD, Apr 14, 2018 at 9:32 PM.

1. tommy_XD

tommy_XD Hard Yards

I recently acquired a Landrover Freelander 2 HSE and am chasing a set of chains suitable for the tyre size, being 235/55R19.

It seems to be a unique size and it is proving difficult to find some second hand/used/not $400+. If you have a set of suitable chains that you would consider selling, please let me know. I believe another common vehicle with this size tyre is the Hyundai Santa Fe.

Thanks,

Tom

2. snowtyres

snowtyres Hard Yards
    Ski Pass - Gold

3. Jacko4650

Jacko4650 One of Us

The FL2's don't need snow chains unless for legal reasons (Vic?). I took mine into the snow regularly and never had any troubles at all. At one stage I looked for chains but gave up and only got rid of it when it refused to start one afternoon as an almighty blizzard was approaching and I'd decided to bale out from Island Bend Campground. I miss those sensational driving seats tho!

4. teckel

teckel Old n' Crusty
    Ski Pass - Gold

They're mandatory for most mountains in Victoria. And Tom indicates on his profile that he skis Buller, Hotham and Falls.

Jacko4650 likes this.
  5. teckel

teckel Old n' Crusty
    Ski Pass - Gold

You need size 250 chains - not an unusual size at all.
    RRP for Konig Zip/XB16 (16mm manually tightening) is $254 new.
    For XG12 - a thinner chain (12 mm self-tightening) RRP is $396. Best if your wheel clearance is limited.
    For the Magic 8000 (16mm self tightening) RRP is $448.
    Note: 2017 prices.
    I would be happy to sell you some ex rental Zips for $150 - still in very good condition or very good condition ex-rental Magics for $300.

currawong likes this.