Snow depth reporting at Baw baw

Discussion in 'Mt Baw Baw' started by Oldie, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Oldie

Oldie Hard Yards

I'm finding it rather frustrating trying to get daily reliable snow reports. The ski.com reports page shows Baw baw as having zero snow???. If I click on the link, I get some low reading of I presume, the natural depth, taken in the carpark perhaps? The made snow simply says "Active" - not very informative! The Baw baw web site is likewise almost useless. I have managed to find a page that said that the man made depth was 38cm, but I dont think that it is very reliable since a few days ago, before the snow fall of the last few days it was also saying 38cm. So does that mean that the fresh snow fell everywhere except the man made areas? WHAT IS GOING ON? ( sorry for the shouting!) I am frustrated! All I want is a daily report showing the natural and made snow depth, taken that morning. Is that too much to ask?
    Oldie.
    I've already had a day on the slopes at the end of June and it was great. I'm hoping to go again this week.

2. Serenity

Serenity Hard Yards

I feel your frustration, I have noticed the same thing. I can only suggest that you contact them and get them to fix it. It could also be an I.T. problem but I doubt it. Should be a case of someone just entering the info.

3. snowgum

snowgum One of Us

Im not sure the reporters have a great grasp of nos.

Apologies if I’m wrong - but I worry when natural depths exceed snowmaking depths & decimal pts. go walkabout. ?:)-/)