Retail Offer Snow Pants for Women, Kickstarter by Nobody’s Princess based in Melbourne

MarzNC

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 8, 2017
Raleigh, NC, USA
over50skifitness.blogspot.com
To: Women who ski or snowboard and want snow pants with features that fit well

I’m active on more than one ski forum these days. The ones that are international like this one are the most fun. Recently I heard about a new brand of snow pants being made by an Australian woman. It's being discussed on a mostly North American ski forum for women who like sliding on snow. The company is Nobody's Princess, founded by Maria Baker of Melbourne.

It’s common knowledge that petite, tall, and many other women have trouble finding comfortable snow pants with good features like lots of useful pockets and waist adjustments. Typical snow pants often not optimal because they are too long, too short, too tight, or too loose.

If this sounds familiar, check out this Kickstarter soon because it ends August 17. Price for a pair of pants is AU$229 or less depending on which reward you choose. Credit cards fare not charged unless the Kickstarter goal is met.

I’ve pledged for one pair of pants. Price is right even with shipping charges to the USA. Among the ski related items I’ve gotten from Kickstarter is DPS Phantom. Have not had any issues with successful campaigns.

Here’s an written interview of Maria by the Ski Diva from early August 2021:

Here’s a video interview by Ticker News from April 2021:

Last edited:

almontyrat

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 16, 2005
Wesley Vale, Tasmania
To: Women who ski or snowboard and want snow pants with features that fit well

I’m active more than one ski forum these days. The ones that are international are the most fun. Recently I heard about a new brand of snow pants being made by an Australian woman. It's being discussed on a mostly North American ski forum for women who like sliding on snow. The company is Nobody's Princess, founded by Maria Baker of Melbourne.

It’s common knowledge that petite, tall, and many other women have trouble finding comfortable snow pants with good features like lots of useful pockets and waist adjustments. Typical snow pants often not optimal because they are too long, too short, too tight, or too loose.

If this sounds familiar, check out this Kickstarter soon because it ends August 17. Price for a pair of pants is AU$229 or less depending on which reward you choose. Credit cards fare not charged unless the Kickstarter goal is met.

I’ve pledged for one pair of pants. Price is right even with shipping charges to the USA. Among the ski related items I’ve gotten from Kickstarter is DPS Phantom. Have not had any issues with successful campaigns.

Here’s an written interview of Maria by the Ski Diva from early August 2021:

Here’s a video interview by Ticker News from April 2021:
This came across my facebook page and I am seriously considering supporting. As a short but curvy woman I have terrible trouble finding ski pants that fit and actually pull in around my small waist while allowing my thunder thighs a bit of freedom to telemark.

Unfortunately, I just forked out $$$ on some Spyder Winner stretch gore-tex jobbies which are a wee bit long but fit me great in the waist/butt/thighs area.

mitsikitty

Hard Yards
Apr 11, 2019
Hey all - just came across this today, and I am Maria, the founder!

If anyone has any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer! :)

This came across my facebook page and I am seriously considering supporting. As a short but curvy woman I have terrible trouble finding ski pants that fit and actually pull in around my small waist while allowing my thunder thighs a bit of freedom to telemark.
These pants have certainly been designed with you in mind! And, have been happily tested by a telemark skiier!
Would absolutely love the support to get to goal, and if you have any concerns - just ask!!

Not my market but killer product name!
Cheers!!!

climberman

CloudRide1000 Legend
Ski Pass
Jul 24, 2000
the sunny illawarra

These pants have certainly been designed with you in mind! And, have been happily tested by a telemark skiier!
Would absolutely love the support to get to goal, and if you have any concerns - just ask!!

Cheers!!!
Welcome to the forum @mitsikitty !

crackson

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 20, 2006
I'd like to help with some ideas and considerations.

you-must-wear-the-stretchy-pants-the-reason-794977.png

90a1135c37aabe18bea2d91ef0b3a5a7.jpg

And best pant design ever,

t-rex-skiing-costume-650x700.jpg

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
I backed this months ago.
Really keen to give them a go. Getting comfortable ski pants has been a mission. Spyder has been my go to for a while.

Plenty of unskinny strong thighed women in this industry, sadly many manufacturers only want to see the thin skinny leg version of their pants out there on the hill, sizes stopping at a 14, but fitting more like. 10-12.

I will support this kind of effort to create comfortable and NICE looking pants and have real inclusion for all body types every day of the week!

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
Fair.
But better than others.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Olesia

First Runs
Sep 15, 2020
This sounds like a great kickstarter campaign! I am a woman over 6 feet tall with muscular thighs and finding well fitting ski pants can be challenging. I have encountered all of the fit issues that the founder wanted to address - too short, tight in hips and too big in waist area. I am very excited about this and wishing @mitsikitty best of luck in this worthy endeavor!

Reactions: MarzNC

Sandy

Dark Sith Lord of the Pool Room
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Yokohama, Japan, Melb. Expat.

Cheers!!!
Welcome to ski.com.au

You may see some irreverent posts from time to time, but don't worry about those!!! ;)

Sounds like you've found a great target audience here!!!!! :D

MarzNC

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 8, 2017
Raleigh, NC, USA
over50skifitness.blogspot.com
And, have been happily tested by a telemark skiier!
Good to know! My daughter shifted to tele in middle school. We recently got her boyfriend on skis for the first time. There is one indoor slope in the USA and we happened to be going close enough to stop in for a few hours. He liked it so she may be in need of a new pair of snow pants. Maybe I should change my pledge to 2 pairs. Hmm . . .

What led to the vent design? That seems pretty unusual. I wonder how it would work in deep powder. I ski at Alta in April often enough to get lucky every so often. Sometimes can be warmish but still be powder in the trees . . . if you know where to go.

Reactions: mitsikitty

fenrir

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 23, 2010
If they do pants to cover portly gentlemen I would be in. These days the waist on my pants is a little snug even though the legs fit perfectly.

mitsikitty

Hard Yards
Apr 11, 2019
If they do pants to cover portly gentlemen I would be in. These days the waist on my pants is a little snug even though the legs fit perfectly.
To be completely honest with you - they would probably work well for you. If you didn't mind the design, there is no reason you couldn't rock them!

mitsikitty

Hard Yards
Apr 11, 2019
What led to the vent design? That seems pretty unusual. I wonder how it would work in deep powder. I ski at Alta in April often enough to get lucky every so often. Sometimes can be warmish but still be powder in the trees . . . if you know where to go.

The biggest reasoning was to stop adding additional bulk to the thighs. The vents are usually on the inside or outside of thighs and its not ideal for access or comfort or even looks!

Across the back doesn't pose any more of a snow issue than other vents. If you've taken a turn hard enough, that snow is going to get in no matter what.

Reactions: MarzNC

mitsikitty

Hard Yards
Apr 11, 2019
This sounds like a great kickstarter campaign! I am a woman over 6 feet tall with muscular thighs and finding well fitting ski pants can be challenging. I have encountered all of the fit issues that the founder wanted to address - too short, tight in hips and too big in waist area. I am very excited about this and wishing @mitsikitty best of luck in this worthy endeavor!

Sounds like you'd benefit from these pants then! All the pain points covered!

Hope you've been able to get behind the kickstarter and pledge!

Reactions: Olesia

mitsikitty

Hard Yards
Apr 11, 2019
Hey all! The Kickstarter for these pants are finishing in just a few days!
Would love your support!

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass