First Runs
Aug 26, 2005
Someone please justify this to me....

On the reports page, it states the following conditions:

PB: Poor
Thedbare: Patchy
FC: Poor
Hotham: FAIR!?!?!?

If you compare Hotham cams with FV at PB, how can Hotham conditions possibly be rated higher than PB????

snowbunny2222

First Runs
Jun 25, 2003
VIC
meh...the season is a done deal, if it wasn't for snowmaking I don't think we would of had even poor conditions to play with

schnaxl

First Runs
Aug 24, 2005
Sydney
We drove through PB yesterday - if you were learning to ski you could have a great time - good coverage on front valley, no queues and no crowds. It certainly looks much better than the pics of Thredbo

chuck

Hard Yards
May 27, 2000
North East Vic
www.blackbarnfarm.com.au
Chamonixxxx said:
Someone please justify this to me....

On the reports page, it states the following conditions:

PB: Poor
Thedbare: Patchy
FC: Poor
Hotham: FAIR!?!?!?

If you compare Hotham cams with FV at PB, how can Hotham conditions possibly be rated higher than PB????
Can't speak for perisher cause have not seen it, but just got back from a spin on the village loop at Hotham and the cover is actually 'fair'. There are no patches in the cover, granted the trail is a tad narrow crossing the bottom of playground however slalom gully is still completely covered wall to wall, bit dirty in places but complete. In fact it froze last night so it was a bit of fun this morning for the second last day of the season.

I agree though looking at the Perisher front valley cams it doesn't look any worse than Hotham and deserves a fair/good rating. Thredbo on the other hand doesn't look to flash. And Falls creek on Towers and Drovers looks fine verging on good and it has a poor rating .... ???

I thought these ratings were posted by ski patrol at each resort each morning. I know on the Falls report they are stating a fair cover so why poor on ski.com.au ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass