1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Advice needed Snowboard instructor for this weekend.

Discussion in 'Mt Buller' started by Fox, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Fox

Fox First Runs

Hello all, I'm back at Buller this Sat and Sun to get my girlfriend her foundation skills before our Japan trip in Jan. She's had one day on the mountain (a month ago.) She tried the free introductory lesson which was a bit of a disaster, inexperienced instructor and a group of hungover bogan blokes who wouldn't focus or listen, by the end of the day they were using their boards as toboggans having given up on boarding but not before ruining the lesson. :headbang:

I spent the rest of the day trying to teach her myself which was fairly successful, she's got heelside falling leaf pretty much down pat but no experience on her toeside edge.

I'd like to book her a private lesson to avoid a repeat, does anyone have a good instructor I could ask for? The guy running the beginner session was up against it with the class members he had but also failed with basic instruction (I won't go into that.) :(

Private or public message for instructor name welcome. :)

Thanks for any help given, I'm also going to get her another group lesson or two once she has dialed in toeside.

2. parkmonkey

parkmonkey Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

What else is there to learn?

Seth and Vermillion like this.
  3. Fox

Fox First Runs

She can't crash into skiers at speed using the falling leaf so there is still more to learn.

parkmonkey likes this.
  4. gareth_oau

gareth_oau Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

Oh cummon there are beginner, intermediate and advanced Sitting Down lessons LOL

parkmonkey likes this.
  5. kimberlee81

kimberlee81 One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

6. Greatfox

Greatfox Hard Yards

I don't have any particular reccommendation, but the ski school generally should be putting the more experienced instructors on for private lessons compared to the "discover" lessons.
    If you are still concerned and don't get any answers here you can always ask the ski school outright for an experienced instructor and they should be able to accommodate your request, private lessons being worth so much more $$ to them.