Snowboard store in or around Nagano

PiggabeenBoarder

Hard Yards
Dec 28, 2017
Hi guys, so during the recent snow we've had in Myoko, my wife had a ball in the powder and now wants a powder board.

We are in Nozawa now and happy to do a day trip today probably into Nagano, maybe hit Xebio.

Does anybody know of any good shops around to look at, that might have sales or at least well priced stuff. Even if anybody is interested in selling one or knows of someone, we'd be keen.

Thanks to all

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Sports Depo is better than Xebio.
I was in both a couple of weeks ago.

Cheaper than Tokyo IMO.

PiggabeenBoarder

Hard Yards
Dec 28, 2017
Sports Depo is better than Xebio.
I was in both a couple of weeks ago.

Cheaper than Tokyo IMO.
Thanks, unfortunately didn't get a chance to get to Sports Depo in time.

We weren't impressed with Xebio this time, fairly expensive, limited sales but mostly a very limited range of womens boards. She also wanted to look at a shell outer jacket which were almost nonexistent..... spent nothing with them this time. Wish we had planned some time in Tokyo on way in or out but....

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Thanks, unfortunately didn't get a chance to get to Sports Depo in time.

We weren't impressed with Xebio this time, fairly expensive, limited sales but mostly a very limited range of womens boards. She also wanted to look at a shell outer jacket which were almost nonexistent..... spent nothing with them this time. Wish we had planned some time in Tokyo on way in or out but....
Xebio is very much a... Showpiece type store for majors like Burton..

Depo is moreso Ride, Rome, Yonnex, K2 .

M_G

M_G_ = Make skiing great again
Ski Pass
Jun 2, 2009
myokoskiresort
myoko.jp
Shink to JoetsuMyoko.
Local train to Kasugayama
Walk 15 mins to Aeon shopping mall
In and around there you'll find Off House / Second Outdoor (recycle shops) + Sport Depot and Xebio

Lucky Pete

One of Us
Nov 14, 2014
Hakuba
www.hakubadowntownapartments.com
Oh right, didn't know that. Where can you buy the more local Japanese pow board...Moss I think is one?

Ride one before you buy one if you can. I had one for a week and didnt like it and quickly on sold it. If you want an affordable J board I would be looking at Yonnex.

FWIW though besides some sort of good feeling owning a Japanese board there isnt much point buying one when there are so many great boards available from other manufacturers. Even Gentems are made in China now as I understand it.

As an aside what is the difference between Men's and Women's boards? @LMB maybe you can help me understand?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

PiggabeenBoarder

Hard Yards
Dec 28, 2017
Ride one before you buy one if you can. I had one for a week and didnt like it and quickly on sold it. If you want an affordable J board I would be looking at Yonnex.

FWIW though besides some sort of good feeling owning a Japanese board there isnt much point buying one when there are so many great boards available from other manufacturers. Even Gentems are made in China now as I understand it.

As an aside what is the difference between Men's and Women's boards? @LMB maybe you can help me understand?
Yeah understand, thanks for info. No major reason on Japan pow boards other than assumption they are good and made well for those conditions.

I think women's are made smaller generally.... most men's boards were on the bigger side while we were looking, and the flex should be bit less also.

I didn't know Gentems were made in China, that's disappointing as for that price you'd really hope for local handmade quality

PiggabeenBoarder

Hard Yards
Dec 28, 2017
Ended up buying a secondhand Jones Hovercraft back here in Aus, around the corner from work. Hopefully she likes it and it goes well!!

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass