Question Snowshoes and tele boots?

teleroo

leaf blower aficionado
Ski Pass
Jun 19, 2019
Illawarra
Asking for my daughter. Her venturer unit planning a snow shoe trip up from Merritt's in school holidays. We'll be down at Perisher anyways, but she'll have her tele boots. Duck bill no problem??

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
Asking for my daughter. Her venturer unit planning a snow shoe trip up from Merritt's in school holidays. We'll be down at Perisher anyways, but she'll have her tele boots. Duck bill no problem??

Some yes some no. Some snow shoe harnesses go over the front of the boot and this can be sub-optimal in a tele boot.

Leather or plastic tele boots?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

teleroo

leaf blower aficionado
Ski Pass
Jun 19, 2019
Illawarra
Friends don't let friends snow shoe.
But that does give me an idea - we could hire some XC skis for her. It's all a bit logistically complicated. We (my two daughters and I) will/were be up at Perisher till the end of the school holidays. And the planned trip seems to be an up from Merritts gondola, with the venturer crew coming down from Sydney Fri night. MIght be a better option, getting them to collect some Annums from Rhythm on their way down. Thumbs up.
Edit: vetoed in the negative!

• Sad
Reactions: skifree

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
But that does give me an idea - we could hire some XC skis for her. It's all a bit logistically complicated. We (my two daughters and I) will/were be up at Perisher till the end of the school holidays. And the planned trip seems to be an up from Merritts gondola, with the venturer crew coming down from Sydney Fri night. MIght be a better option, getting them to collect some Annums from Rhythm on their way down. Thumbs up.
Edit: vetoed in the negative!

It sounded like a good plan to me,
the ski,
but wot do i know?
after 30 years in the snow?
nuthing really
apparently.

Reactions: Snow Blowey

teleroo

leaf blower aficionado
Ski Pass
Jun 19, 2019
Illawarra
Why Merritt's and not from the Kosi chair? A group snowshoeing up from Merritt's during school hols - failed the planning badge right there. Much better places to shoe.
Actually prolly is Kosi chair. There is mixed info on the form. Talks about $30 for Kosi chair (kids back country access ticket?) but then also refers to gondola. I think they are getting their words/lifts mixed up.

Snow Frothinator

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 9, 2021
These Tubbs snowshoes are great with my snowboard boots, just dont walk over thin ice covered bushes, lesson learnt .

20220618_140049.jpg

Reactions: RustyJ and Myazma
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass