News Snowy 40 year plan

crackson

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 20, 2006
Rabbits.

Stop paying off tradie mates with govt funds and deal with the rabbits.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Legs Akimbo

Grumblebum
Ski Pass
Mar 3, 1999
Coastal suburban boonies.
Helicopters I don't want. A troopie or 2 up the summit road is no big deal. I have no truck with the idea that access to the backcountry should be confined to people (of both sexes) with beards and their own personal scroggin recipe.

My theory is that Perisher and Thredbo (and to a lesser extent Charlottes and Guthega) are pretty much trashed. Development should be allowed provided that the CEO of each resort is required to drink a schooner of water taken from just downstream of the water treatment plant every day.

crackson

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 20, 2006
Cars can already access Rawsons now in summer for elderly and disabled access. Permission must be applied for first.

Helidouches can ggf'ed to NZ.

Reactions: skull

crackson

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 20, 2006
Whatever happened to the yank blowin that bought and trashed O&E then thought parking his heli at friday flat would be good advertising? O&E disappeared up his butt pretty fast. Did he snort the entire business?

warrie

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 15, 2008
Sydney
Helicopters I don't want. A troopie or 2 up the summit road is no big deal. I have no truck with the idea that access to the backcountry should be confined to people (of both sexes) with beards and their own personal scroggin recipe.

My theory is that Perisher and Thredbo (and to a lesser extent Charlottes and Guthega) are pretty much trashed. Development should be allowed provided that the CEO of each resort is required to drink a schooner of water taken from just downstream of the water treatment plant every day.
It's 9 km each way from the Charlotte Pass gate to the Kosi summit. If I could catch a fair priced bus to Rawsons Pass that would suit myself and many less mobile park users. $5 each way say. Oh and if there is to be an increase in the $17/day summer park entry - which has been that for a while - don't whack it up by$5 or $8 in one go. Be smart and do it gradually or be dumb and link it to inflation or 4% whichever is the greater like they have with tollways. You know who loses then. Oh, and not schooners - jugs LOL

warrie

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 15, 2008
Sydney
May be of interest:
The period of public exhibition of the Draft Amendment to the Kosciuszko National Park Plan of Management and draft precinct plans for Yarrangobilly Caves and Currango Homestead have been extended from 16 August to 23 August 2021.

The draft amendment and precinct plans can be viewed at www.environment.nsw.gov.au/get-involved/have-your-say or NPWS Offices in Jindabyne (46 Kosciuszko Road) or Tumut (4A Adelong Drive). The existing plan of management is located at www.environment.nsw.gov.au/research-and-publications/publications-search/kosciuszko-national-park-plan-of-management. It is recommended that readers of the draft amendment do so in reference to the existing plan.

You are invited to provide feedback on the draft plan by sending a written submission via:
Written submissions must be received by 23 August 2021. Your submission will be read by NPWS staff and provided to two advisory bodies. See www.environment.nsw.gov.au/help/privacy.htm for information on how we will treat any personal information you provide.

If you have any questions about the park or the draft plan, please contact me at npws.parkplanning@environment.nsw.gov.au.

1627002854396.png
Andrew Growcock
Manager Planning, Evaluation & Assessment
NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service

Edgecrusher

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Apr 19, 2013
The Southern Capital
May be of interest:
The period of public exhibition of the Draft Amendment to the Kosciuszko National Park Plan of Management and draft precinct plans for Yarrangobilly Caves and Currango Homestead have been extended from 16 August to 23 August 2021.

The draft amendment and precinct plans can be viewed at www.environment.nsw.gov.au/get-involved/have-your-say or NPWS Offices in Jindabyne (46 Kosciuszko Road) or Tumut (4A Adelong Drive). The existing plan of management is located at www.environment.nsw.gov.au/research-and-publications/publications-search/kosciuszko-national-park-plan-of-management. It is recommended that readers of the draft amendment do so in reference to the existing plan.

You are invited to provide feedback on the draft plan by sending a written submission via:
Written submissions must be received by 23 August 2021. Your submission will be read by NPWS staff and provided to two advisory bodies. See www.environment.nsw.gov.au/help/privacy.htm for information on how we will treat any personal information you provide.

If you have any questions about the park or the draft plan, please contact me at npws.parkplanning@environment.nsw.gov.au.

1627002854396.png
Andrew Growcock
Manager Planning, Evaluation & Assessment
NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service
"Growcock?" That's gotta be the most unfortunate surname I think I've ever heard
LOL

crackson

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 20, 2006
^they only let people submit because they're forced to.

They dgaf what the public think.

They'll overpay themselves for endless planning and they'll overpay their mates to do the work.

If you think their is anything the public can say to influence them, buy my unicorn. It's for sale.

Moondog55

One of Us
Ski Pass
Mar 3, 2014
How much for the Unicorn and is it the white; pink or rainbow breed?
I shook hands with a career politician once, took me twenty minutes to wash the slime from my hands and make sure I still had all my fingers.

Reactions: crackson

warrie

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 15, 2008
Sydney
^they only let people submit because they're forced to.

They dgaf what the public think.

They'll overpay themselves for endless planning and they'll overpay their mates to do the work.

If you think their is anything the public can say to influence them, buy my unicorn. It's for sale.
Sadly I suspect you are correct and all the forumites can do is tease about the surname.LOL

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass