1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Travel Life Sol Mountain Touring (BC Backcountry)

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Slowman, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Slowman

Slowman One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

A couple of hard to secure mid season spots have just opened up for the Sol Mountain backcountry touring lodge in the Monashees. One is for a 5 night catered and guided trip between 22 and 27 January 2019 and the other is for a 6 night catered and guided trip between 9 and 15 February 2019.

Sol Mountain is a seriously good touring set up with a very comfortable lodge with civilised bathrooms, commercial kitchen, a fine chef, highly qualified guides and a huge range of terrain options. It has become so popular that it is typically now booked out a year in advance. Its informative web page is http://www.solmountain.com

The lodge and its terrain also featured in the DPS Cinematic short film "Reflections" which you can view on the DPS web page and Vimeo.

Disclaimer - a friend of mine has had to pull out of for work reasons and will get a refund if his spot on one of the above trips is re-booked!

I took the photo below on my second trip there This January I'll be returning for my third.