1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Question Solden on Foxtel (or not).

Discussion in 'Snow Talk' started by Loister, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Loister

Loister Hard Yards

So I've checked the Guide on Foxtel for when the Solden races will be shown this Sunday, but doesn't seem to be scheduled for broadcast on Eurosport. Further separate searches on the full Foxtel guide for Ski, FIS & Downhill, only showed results for Freestyle Skiing (11th Nov Copenhagen).
    Does anyone know what is going on? Am I not searching correctly, or is Foxtel cutting back on showing FIS Alpine events?

Foxtel Online Chat is useless..

2. Townsend

Townsend One of Us

I too have looked with no luck. Lots of cycling!

3. Adamski

Adamski Hard Yards

I can't see any Alpine skiing scheduled either. I think Foxtel missed a lot of races at the end of last season as well, if memory serves me. Can't understand this as they carry Eurosport already.

4. CarveMan

CarveMan Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

Yes I remember this last year. Pisses me off as it's a major reason I have Foxtel over the summer months.

Ted Harper likes this.
  5. kaegee

kaegee One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Any live streaming that’s ok ... even at decent price ?

6. dawooduck

dawooduck relaxed and comfortable Ski Pass: Gold

7. Adamski

Adamski Hard Yards

Just found this on the Eurosport fb page:

"What's happening with the FIS Alpine Skiing Saturday and Sunday night? You say you're the home of winter sport all season long but the Foxtel TV Guide has you showing replays of cycling from China???

· Reply · 16 hrsRemove
    [​IMG]
    Eurosport Unfortunately we don't have the rights to broadcast this weekend's event."

8. Heinz

Heinz Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

I've been using this site for several years. http://schoener-fernsehen.com/html5/stream/ORF1/orfeins_hd
    There are multiple Euro channels but for skiing I always go to ORF1 (Austrian TV), where you also get Hans Knauss's camera run at the start (or Thomas Sykora if it is a slalom). There is also the German Eurosport channel. Both in German of course.
    It used to be free, but became payable from last year. I got a 6 month package for 6 Euro which covers the ski season.

CarveMan likes this.
  9. CarveMan

Not bad for $10.

10. Loister

Loister Hard Yards

Foxtel, I'm not upset, just disappointed.

Thanks guys.
    Like you, skiing is one of the main reason I’ve got Foxtel. If they don’t improve coverage, might have to reassess.

11. CarveMan

Fortunately I just use Foxtel Now which is contract-free, can turn it on and off at will, might check out @Heinz 's option and kill it for summer.

12. person s

person s Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

I was scanning Foxtel for the same info - it's the only reason I still subscribe
    it's disappointing, but I guess the question is whether there will be adequate coverage of the rest of the season

13. Heinz

watching on ORF1 now - start a few mins away

14. person s

Ted Harper likes this.
  15. Heinz

Yes, it is. Best if you use Google Chrome translate option. There is a link that takes you to another site (We-Love-Tv.com). There are various payment options - I chose credit card (2nd tab I think). I paid 10 EUR which was 2.86 EUR in tax so credit of 7.14 EUR. Then went back to original site and was able to use that credit for the 6 month option.

16. Beerman

Beerman One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Oh, Foxtel not providing what they are advertising, now that's a first...........:rolleyes:

person s likes this.
  17. Loister

Loister Hard Yards

Rejoice!!!

So this came up on my search! At least the next event is scheduled. I wrote to Foxtel’s FB page expressing my disappointment, supported by Carveman and others. Foxtel was responsive and empathetic, so looked like it might’ve worked.

Attached Files:

mannyk and MickM like this.
  18. person s

I can see the program details on my ipad but it seems I can't schedule recording while I'm outside Australia :(
    so I'm following Heinz's advice re we-love-tv
    I tried that before but hit a snag with Citibank - there's always a snag with Citibank

19. Belly

Belly A Local Ski Pass: Gold

Live surfing regularly gets bumped and I have complained to foxtel and via their community. It doesn't change anything. They prioritise according to commercial reality, guess where live downhill skiing and live competitive surfing fit in? - Yep about equal last ;)

Ted Harper likes this.
  20. Loister

Loister Hard Yards

I was pretty disappointed when they dumped Fuel TV about year and a half ago. Fuel TV used to have all Live surfing, amongst other sports, esp their dedicated snow nights.
    Just hope there is enough demand for skiing, otherwise will have to go elsewhere.

Ted Harper and Belly like this.
  21. Ted Harper

Ted Harper One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

I watch the surfing now only on the WSF application on my Apple TV - too many times I have been emailed that a contest has started for the day, flick on Foxtel and it is nowhere to be seen, and only in the guide for some period a few hours later. Advantage of that, as well as actually getting the whole contest live, is the heat summaries and daily review videos available too. Similar packaging of live + highlight videos would be fantastic for the skiing too!

I would be more than happy to pay for access to the surfing (it is free currently), as well as skiing and Formula One via separate dedicated apps on my Apple TV (or similar device) then I doubt I would bother with the sport package from Foxtel any more at all, or indeed possibly that may be the point where I simply drop Foxtel altogether.