Something that wouldn't happen in Australian skiing

Chaeron

Ski-Hike-Blade-Bike-Kayak
Ski Pass
Jun 24, 2014
Dandenong Ranges
One of my most exhilirating moments in the Japanese mountains was encountering a bear and her cub.

Small brown bear, not a large European brown bear or an American grizzly

We were on a steep mountainside in bamboo - we stopped and they moved on - I was absolutely astonished at how fast they could move!

Low point, rock-climbing up past a waterfall and being stung repeatedly by some wasps....

DidSurfNowSki

One of them
Ski Pass
Jan 19, 2014
Canberra, ACT
Wanna make a bet?

upload_2021-3-15_22-58-6.jpeg

Reactions: skifree

JuLe

Addicted
Ski Pass
Jul 1, 2019
Melbourne
One of my most exhilirating moments in the Japanese mountains was encountering a bear and her cub.

We were on a steep mountainside in bamboo - we stopped and they moved on - I was absolutely astonished at how fast they could move!

Low point, rock-climbing up past a waterfall and being stung repeatedly by some wasps....
Sounds amazing. Must have got the heart racing though? Especially since there was a cub?

Reactions: Chaeron

Telemark Phat

Pass the butter
Ski Pass
Jun 21, 2008
Jindabyne
www.telemarkphat.org

I lived about 10 miles out of Nelson BC and had mum Black Bear and her three cubs visit every afternoon to eat the apples out of the apple tree.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Zeroz

A Local
Ski Pass
Apr 8, 2002
Bouvet Island
www.banipal.co.uk
Jackson Hole - moose and her calf strayed onto the slopes, running around in a bit of a panic including chasing skiers.
We were on the chair above and watched as they eventually ran into the trees. We wondered where they would end up.

Turned out they camped for three days in the yard of the house we were renting near the base.
Made skiing back a challenge. A pathetic end to a ski holiday would be "Yeah, a moose kicked the crap out of me".

Adult moose are really big. Mrs Moose sizing me up for a kicking:
many photos 471.jpg

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass