Advice needed South vs North Island

N0frilz

Addicted
Jul 13, 2015
You’re doing the volcano a great disservice Draizuh. I think we can all agree though that probably about 99% of Australians and New Zealanders haven’t learnt how to fit chains, because they never have to do it.
For many years I never even had chains that fit my car in aus.....
How many kiwis have 4wds and carry chains?

I love pulling into a chain bay fitting chains in minutes and rolling out with people looking at how fast you fit your chains.

Reactions: pedub

craighelo

One of Us
Sep 26, 2012
Tarras
For many years I never even had chains that fit my car in aus.....
How many kiwis have 4wds and carry chains?

I love pulling into a chain bay fitting chains in minutes and rolling out with people looking at how fast you fit your chains.
I have only had to fit chains twice in the last five years for skiing NZSKI pass two years, Cardrona two years and TC 1 year, usually get 30 days a year (Is a requirement to carry chains on days they are asking 2WD to fit them)

Draizuh

One of Us
Jul 29, 2012
Wakatipu
www.splitboardnz.com
You’re doing the volcano a great disservice Draizuh. I think we can all agree though that probably about 99% of Australians and New Zealanders haven’t learnt how to fit chains, because they never have to do it.
My point still stands, Ruapehu is where people who have never seen snow go to see snow. Just like Buller and people from melbourne.

I can't speak for other Australian resorts, but my experience at Mt Buller would say that you are way off the mark. The paid chain fitters get well under 10% of the available cars.
Im referring to the fact that the punters at buller are usually people who are going there to see snow for the first time.. there is a reason why you have to get a taxi or a permit to drive around the buller village and thats because most people cant drive for shit in snow :)

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass