1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Spring Conditions at Selwyn.

Discussion in 'Selwyn' started by SelwynSnowfields, Sep 3, 2010.

1. SelwynSnowfields

SelwynSnowfields First Runs

Spring at Selwyn has started somewhat roughly. We had a little rain on Thursday and cloud cover and sunshine on Friday. All runs and lifts are still open and the snow cover is holding up. Just to let you guys know our lift ticket prices are back on off-peak prices, so that's Adults full day for $51 (half day $45) and kids full day $32 (half day $25).

More good news is we might see some snow fall over Sunday/Monday as conditions get cooler.

Also Selwyn's official Facebook page has finally launched! It will be updated from now till the end of the season and over summer with news, snow conditions, weather updates, photos and videos.

Search "Mt Selwyn Snowfields" in Facebook or click here and 'like' us!

#1 SelwynSnowfields, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
  2. crama

crama One of Us

Sounds good

3. Sarge

Sarge First Runs

Was there Thurs, Fri and Saturday. Boarded on thursday and friday and it was sticky and slow. Drove up on Saturday and it was foggy and [auto-censor] down with rain and decided to go and have a look through the caves instead

4. SelwynSnowfields

Sorry to hear that Sarge, Saturday was a bad day. Sunday turned out much better, we had on and off snow and sago all day and overnight we got 11cms of snow.

5. early_crow

early_crow First Runs

So it wasn't all bad news for the weekend then? Do you think we can hang on till next weekend? I'm sure the caves are interesting and that, but I'm much more insterested in a slide

6. SelwynSnowfields

Can never make any promises early_crow but I'd like to think that this weekend should be good with most runs open.

7. SelwynSnowfields

The weekend forecasts are becoming a bit more solid now. Snow showers on Saturday with a potential of 5cms. Sunday will start off cold with overcast conditions with afternoon and overnight rain before turning to snow very early monday morning. (All according to weatherzone.com.au)

Hope this helps early_crow! and hope to see you up the mountain over the weekend!

8. early_crow

early_crow First Runs

Cheers Blinkin. It's actually next weekend (17th-19th) that we're coming.

If the weatherzone forecast is correct (up to 45cms between now and then) it looks like it should be a good weekend... fingers crossed!!! I'm much more optimistic today than this time last week.

9. Ramshead

Ramshead One of Us

there's even a chance I'll make it on weekend of teh 18th, blinkin. Thinking Perisher for now, but I'll check website till next Friday and if POwerline poma somehow clings to life leaving K Ridge and Long arm open, we'll be there! Here's hoping

10. SelwynSnowfields

According to weatherzone we have snow due all next week possibly 20cm+ so fingers crossed!

I'll be doing daily updates and weather forecasts on the facebook page everyday.

11. early_crow

early_crow First Runs

Well that 20+cms isn't looking too good now.

How is the cover holding up Blinkin? Will be there on Friday. Are the terrain parks still open?

12. SelwynSnowfields

Cover is holding up ok, it's getting very patchy and the average snow depth is about 40cms, I'm not up the mountain today or tomorrow so I can't comment in too much depth. Once again it's really hard to say what it's gonna look like on the weekend. The weather isn't looking so good in the next few days periods of rain and maybe some snow on thursday.

13. early_crow

early_crow First Runs

I must admit, I was pretty impressed with the cover when I was there last weekend judging by the amount of snow (or lack of) on the ground on the drive up there. Racecourse was great fun and even getting down through the obstacle course that was Plum Pine was challenging in its own way.

Sure, it softened and was slow in the afternoon, and you exepct that for this time of year, but it was better than being at work!

It was our first time at Selwyn and sort of a last minute decision. I am keen to get back there with the family when all runs are open.

Thanks for the updates Blinkin!