Stripe payment not registering

Jacko4650

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 15, 2014
Not sure where to post this @Richard but I was sent a message saying I couldn't comment any more, so upgraded to Silver for greater priveledges - money well spent. Thing is, I was charged twice - once by Ski.com.au and again by Paypal (even though I cannot recall updating my new credit card details with them?). The money (extra $11) is not an issue, but the data is. How do we fix this?

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
Not sure where to post this @Richard but I was sent a message saying I couldn't comment any more, so upgraded to Silver for greater priveledges - money well spent. Thing is, I was charged twice - once by Ski.com.au and again by Paypal (even though I cannot recall updating my new credit card details with them?). The money (extra $11) is not an issue, but the data is. How do we fix this?

my guess is you already have a active PayPal subscription from previous year and for whatever reason it did not process on first try upon renewal - then you get locked out, purchase a new Silver via Stripe and a short time later the automatic PayPal re-try processes and you have paid twice..

Anyway, let me sort and a refund will arrive.

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town

As suspected, you had an auto-renewing PayPal Silver subscription that commenced in 2018 that must have missed it's first attempt at renewal this year. I have now canceled that PayPal based subscription and refunded (via PayPal)

The Stripe payment is not an auto-renewing subscription. So on Nov 25 next year it will expire and you will need to renew at $11 assuming you are still in the 1000-3000 post bracket - but you are currently are over 2800 posts so you will likely need to upgrade to Gold sometime this year.

Note:
I changed new silver upgrades from auto-renewing to a manual annual payment because too many people ended up with both a silver and gold auto-renewing subscription when they had to migrate from Silver to Gold. Only the Gold subscription is now auto-renewing.

Jacko4650

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 15, 2014
As suspected, you had an auto-renewing PayPal Silver subscription that commenced in 2018 that must have missed it's first attempt at renewal this year. I have now canceled that PayPal based subscription and refunded (via PayPal)

The Stripe payment is not an auto-renewing subscription. So on Nov 25 next year it will expire and you will need to renew at $11 assuming you are still in the 1000-3000 post bracket - but you are currently are over 2800 posts so you will likely need to upgrade to Gold sometime this year.

Note:
I changed new silver upgrades from auto-renewing to a manual annual payment because too many people ended up with both a silver and gold auto-renewing subscription when they had to migrate from Silver to Gold. Only the Gold subscription is now auto-renewing.
Thanks. I didn't intend for you to go to the trouble. It's why I don't like subscriptions (which can continue indefinitely, even after I die???). I responded to a message from Ski.com.au that said I had posted too much and reacted accordingly, forgetting the annual subscription.
That aside, I was surprised how PayPal were able to charge my card that had expired!!!
. . . anyhow*, sorry about the trouble. Not worth it for 11bucks I know . . . and thanks for the refund.

Reactions: Richard

Jacko4650

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 15, 2014
@Richard . I'm getting the same messages about needing to upgrade my Membership again. Does mine need resetting or something? I paid for Silver Membership (twice, once refunded) and assumed that was the go?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass