1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Sumer Training Camp for runners @ Falls Creek

Discussion in 'Noticeboard' started by Skipress, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Skipress

Skipress Hard Yards Ski Pass: Gold

Sumer Training Camp for runners @ Falls Creek

Inaugural Summer Training Camp

Nic Bideau, and partner Sonia O'Sullivan, will return from their European base to join Craig Mottram and Benita Johnson at Falls Creek, to oversee their training regime'

Mottram and Johnson, Australia's top two distance runners (coached by Bideau) will be two 'ace cards' at the forthcoming National Altitude Training Centre's Summer Training Camp, between 13 - 15 December 2006, at
    Falls Creek Alpine Resort.

Participants will spend three days exploring the natural beauty of athlete-friendly Falls Creek, in the heart of the Victorian Alps, whilst training with some of the world’s greatest runners.
    They will also benefit from the presence of the high-profile athletes by training and taking part in their recovery sessions.

The number of participants on each camp is strictly limited - typically around five and no more than ten. Accommodation for the three nights is at Frueauf Village (www.fvfalls.com.au) in modern, luxurious villas, all with an outside spa. Meals are included.

Contact Fiona Warwick-Smith a 1300 300 709 to make your booking or to obtain further details.

2. Bogong

Bogong Part of the Furniture Ski Pass: Gold

Re: Sumer Training Camp for runners @ Falls Creek

I've seen some "ath-elites" doing utterly stupid things up there, they just don't understand the weather.

My most vivid memory is trudging along with a heavy pack near Mt Nelse through wind, rain and hail in a January whiteout. We were passed by some jogging clowns wearing nothing more than silly polyester pantaloons and singlets.

Half an hour later we found them drenched and shivering in Edmonson's Hut trying to light a fire :rolleyes: We lent them our down jackets and gave them some warm drinks and food while we got a fire going. But who are the irresponsible idiots that sent them out to a place like Mt Nelse without even a raincoat or jumper?

3. Bogong

Bogong Part of the Furniture Ski Pass: Gold

Gosh, what I wrote earlier may have been a bit cruel, but it is true. However, I suspect I may have tarred the people who started this thread with the same brush. [​IMG]

So I'll say that I'm confident that this outfit are much more competant than the idiots I encountered a while ago. Patronise their business and put a bit of money into the local economy. [​IMG]

#3 Bogong, Nov 23, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
  4. trappers

trappers Safety not guaranteed Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

skipress: You must provide an email address (for this particular forum) so that people can contact you and to prove you are genuine. Providing an email address is essential to post in this forum.

Please update your profile by clicking the "my profile" link up the top. We look forward to your company on this forum once you have done this!

Please have a read of the commercial forum rules here:
    http://forum.ski.com.au/ultimate/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000005

#4 trappers, Nov 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
  5. Ian D

Ian D Pool Room Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Skipress is a genuine snowsport publisher. They have contacted me and confirmed their identity. You may contact them by PM if required.

6. ausi ski bum

ausi ski bum A Local

Hi Ian (from skipress) welcome to the world of posting.

7. Ian D

Ian D Pool Room Staff Member Administrator Moderator

ASB - if you had bothered to check his profile you would know that Ian has been posting here for quite a long time. He registered on the forums in April 2000 and has posted about 100 posts in that time so yes he posts somewhat less than 20 per year but he is hardly new here.

8. D-eye

D-eye Photographer and skier Moderator

heck, just the member number should say that [​IMG]

#8 D-eye, Nov 26, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
  9. ausi ski bum

ausi ski bum A Local

Sorry for saying welcome then ha ha it must have been a while.