1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Question 'Summer season - ski ETAs?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by snowgum, Aug 23, 2019.

1. snowgum

snowgum One of Us

Just wondering as to roughly when new (summer season) skis usually arrive here in Oz (Melbourne)?

Also: is there a general deadline for ordering most brands? It would be pretty soon wouldn't it?

In case anyone asks: I'm toying up with the idea of adding a Blizzard Rustler 10 to my R9 (yes both with tele set up) for a possible Japan trip (Hakuba) - these babies (ESP 188s) seem to disappear quickly.

I guess I could also not order and take my chances but not sure with Rustlers....?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. CarveMan

CarveMan Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

ETA is 1st Nov-ish. What length R10 are you after? 188?

3. snowgum

snowgum One of Us

Yes I am. The 9s Are 188 and seem fine for my general Aus /NZ tele. Although 3 days isn't a big sample.

For deeper days (like I fluked a couple times at Hotham in 17 & 18) and (hopefully Hukaba ~ Late Feb?I think I'd like a little bit wider (yes it's shades of grey).

Fwiw: I can get the QK insets again so with practice by Outlaw binding moves across easily. My Full length skins will be a tad narrow for the 10 but I reckon they'd fit OK lengthwise.

Oh and my second hand Seth Annexe 118 (6 days now) I have really come to like as long as there's a few cm fresh/soft? Etc...they seem a good cruise tele ski. (Helps Im lower advanced, 190 cm, 112km, not petite!)

But I guess if (a big) I was going to go to Hakaba with one ski, I reckon I'd like something like R10 (based on my 9 (Oz/NZ days).

So I guess it's a matter of sourcing.

Do you think you'll get some CM? And if do, do they need deposits & the like?

Thanks for the heads up BTW.

(I'm assuming from earlier comments this year the 10s (&9s) have had some favourable comments?)

4. snowgum

snowgum One of Us

Er that's 112kg - 112km must be my cruise control setting on the Hume! ( ;-)

MickM and skifree like this.
  5. snowgum

snowgum One of Us

Just further to search, its a tricky time to find skis - at least popular models, with most having sold out in Aussie and the Nth Hemi still to receive their winter stock - understandably! ( ;-)