1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. NOTICE: Did you lose your profile avatar image as a result of the great hammo-ing of 2020? (Sat 16 & Sun 17 Aug). If yes, then you need to know it won't be coming back, best to re-upload.

This notice may be closed
    Dismiss Notice

Summit first tracks

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by philthree, Aug 23, 2020.

1. philthree

philthree Addicted

Like many forum members I suspect like me having been watching the cams closely the last 4 days and dreaming of snow we can't reach I was really buoyed this morning by the camera image (before 8:30 am summitcam falls creek) to see 2 sets of fresh tracks down this classic run bathed in sunshine and blue skies! It was a reminder of the thrill & joy of making first tracks but also a throw back to a time before we got lifts on some of our best terrain. To see this run with so few skiers in such great conditions is very rare. I'm sure the skiers /boarders who got to enjoy this day will always remember it. Good luck to those who can still make tracks and make me smile! PS let's hope the snow cover can limp into spring.

2. snowgum

snowgum One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Im sure the ‘Urgent’ maintenance up top that’s best handled by two on a-skidoo?

Several times - just to be sure! ;):p

Sadie, nezumi and Chaeron like this.
  3. Angleski

Angleski Hard Yards

What a change from only last week. That image of the two tracks was a ripper and this mornings images this morning are magnificent. I really like the webcam at the bottom of Halley's with the blues sky and the snow gums still weighted down with snow.

Bogong likes this.
  4. Mister Tee on XC Skis

Mister Tee on XC Skis A Local Ski Pass: Gold Ski Pass: Silver