Summit first tracks

philthree

Addicted
Sep 11, 2007
Like many forum members I suspect like me having been watching the cams closely the last 4 days and dreaming of snow we can't reach I was really buoyed this morning by the camera image (before 8:30 am summitcam falls creek) to see 2 sets of fresh tracks down this classic run bathed in sunshine and blue skies! It was a reminder of the thrill & joy of making first tracks but also a throw back to a time before we got lifts on some of our best terrain. To see this run with so few skiers in such great conditions is very rare. I'm sure the skiers /boarders who got to enjoy this day will always remember it. Good luck to those who can still make tracks and make me smile! PS let's hope the snow cover can limp into spring.

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
Like many forum members I suspect like me having been watching the cams closely the last 4 days and dreaming of snow we can't reach I was really buoyed this morning by the camera image (before 8:30 am summitcam falls creek) to see 2 sets of fresh tracks down this classic run bathed in sunshine and blue skies! It was a reminder of the thrill & joy of making first tracks but also a throw back to a time before we got lifts on some of our best terrain. To see this run with so few skiers in such great conditions is very rare. I'm sure the skiers /boarders who got to enjoy this day will always remember it. Good luck to those who can still make tracks and make me smile! PS let's hope the snow cover can limp into spring.

Im sure the ‘Urgent’ maintenance up top that’s best handled by two on a-skidoo?

Several times - just to be sure! ;):p

Angleski

Hard Yards
Jan 28, 2016
North of Anglesea
What a change from only last week. That image of the two tracks was a ripper and this mornings images this morning are magnificent. I really like the webcam at the bottom of Halley's with the blues sky and the snow gums still weighted down with snow.

Reactions: Bogong
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass