Sun Peaks 2020-2021

Sbooker

One of Us
Sep 28, 2015
the table was posted just to show how the rates vary. The changes are consistent with all the propoerties, regardless of size.

You can haffle and get discounts for longer stays, and if you stay longer than 30 days you drop the 10% accommodation tax as well

Unfortunatley as SP gets busier there is less accommodation available and pricing has increased over the last few years to reflect that
I plan on being there as part of a road trip that will take in Revelstoke, Pano and Banff and probably Whitewater/Red or Fernie. I think it would be a good place to stay for a week leading up to Christmas so we can get our ski legs back. It is also pretty reliable for early season I believe due to the gentle nature of the topography and the summer grooming.

gareth_oau

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Dec 27, 2008
Canning Vale, Perth
I plan on being there as part of a road trip that will take in Revelstoke, Pano and Banff and probably Whitewater/Red or Fernie. I think it would be a good place to stay for a week leading up to Christmas so we can get our ski legs back. It is also pretty reliable for early season I believe due to the gentle nature of the topography and the summer grooming.

we've neen there early december twice and not been disappointed with the cover (and the prices LOL)

Reactions: Ret-ro

Hudson

One of Us
Feb 7, 2013
Sun Peaks, BC
Most skiers never ventured above the cloud cover today.

Attachments

• 20AA42CA-7C74-41E8-A49F-DA658295EF26.jpeg
    20AA42CA-7C74-41E8-A49F-DA658295EF26.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • 2C35273B-812F-4205-A72F-8F338B81095F.jpeg
    2C35273B-812F-4205-A72F-8F338B81095F.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
  • 70BE3AA1-BEAD-41F8-9D3B-C1FD24B662D4.jpeg
    70BE3AA1-BEAD-41F8-9D3B-C1FD24B662D4.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
  • 2D3B6322-4F13-4427-850A-B48D3729EB67.jpeg
    2D3B6322-4F13-4427-850A-B48D3729EB67.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 3
  • 9DA29731-9395-410B-92E0-47FEA21A8BBB.jpeg
    9DA29731-9395-410B-92E0-47FEA21A8BBB.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
  • 3B9E511B-F1D9-40ED-9DD3-5274BE9A4B09.jpeg
    3B9E511B-F1D9-40ED-9DD3-5274BE9A4B09.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2

Roymond

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 1, 2018
Interestingly, just had an email
from Rebeccajo...
She’s had three enquiries from Oz about three bears chalet for the time period we have just booked. She never books out more than a year in advance.
If this is one small chalet in one small ski hill in BC, how many times will that travel interest be repeated worldwide from Oz?
There’ll be riots in the streets if there isn’t free movement in a years time!

Reactions: KneeDeep

tr+h

One of Us
Jun 19, 2008
Perth,wa
I’m not counting on international travel next year

Interestingly, just had an email
from Rebeccajo...
She’s had three enquiries from Oz about three bears chalet for the time period we have just booked. She never books out more than a year in advance.
If this is one small chalet in one small ski hill in BC, how many times will that travel interest be repeated worldwide from Oz?
There’ll be riots in the streets if there isn’t free movement in a years time!

Hudson

One of Us
Feb 7, 2013
Sun Peaks, BC
I’m not counting on international travel next year

Quite possible for Canada if we use the current PCR test for Covid cases. Expect masks wearing and selective lockdowns, even with the vaccine, to continue through next year.

Great news is that the seasonal flu has all but disappeared. Yeah!

Cardiac, respiratory and other end of life morbidities have fallen sharply. Great news!

Reactions: Ret-ro

JLA

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2007
Brisbane
Today we should be boarding the AC flight from Brisbane to Vancouver, then onto Kamloops and the final leg to Sun Peaks arriving in time for New Years Eve and 3 weeks of skiing. Damn you COVID!!!!!

Hopefully I won’t have to re-post this next season.

sly_karma

Green Bastard
Ski Pass
Dec 12, 2005
Penticton, BC
Feel for you JLA and hope to ski with you again sometime.

On the flip side, many Canadians are likewise lamenting not being able to visit Australia or any of the other popular sun destinations this winter. A few have worked out how to game the system and drive to Mexico, and some are flying, but flights and transfers are uncertain, many changes and cancellations. Most have elected to stay home as directed. The case loads in Ontario are confronting, over 3000 today alone.

JLA

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2007
Brisbane
We really can’t complain Sly. Something like 13 active cases in Queensland, all in quarantine and returned from overseas. Life in Brisbane is pretty much normal.

Captain Caveman

Early Days
Sep 24, 2020
Today we should be boarding the AC flight from Brisbane to Vancouver, then onto Kamloops and the final leg to Sun Peaks arriving in time for New Years Eve and 3 weeks of skiing. Damn you COVID!!!!!

Feel your pain JLA. I am absolutely struggling with it. Normally getting super excited right now.
After listening to a 2 hour pod cast last night with some top epidemiologists working the COVID plan I am not too confident of travelling until at least 2022/2023. Some are even saying OS travel won't be happening for anything other than essential until 2024/2025 which just astounds me.
We here in little Australia can get circa 2 million people to vote in the federal election in 1 day. We should be able to knock out at least 1/2 a million vaccine doses per day and have it all wrapped up in 6 weeks. Just spitballing and wishful thinking

JLA

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2007
Brisbane
Feel your pain JLA. I am absolutely struggling with it. Normally getting super excited right now.
After listening to a 2 hour pod cast last night with some top epidemiologists working the COVID plan I am not too confident of travelling until at least 2022/2023. Some are even saying OS travel won't be happening for anything other than essential until 2024/2025 which just astounds me.
We here in little Australia can get circa 2 million people to vote in the federal election in 1 day. We should be able to knock out at least 1/2 a million vaccine doses per day and have it all wrapped up in 6 weeks. Just spitballing and wishful thinking

. 2024/2025 - I’ll need a Zimmer frame by then.

Roymond

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 1, 2018
Fwiw A couple of mates have ended up in infectious disease- one an ID physician, one in
public health. They both talk about epidemiologists essentially being professional dismal buggers . Both feel travel will be on the cards in the next year or two at the latest. - there’s a large incentive both from a societal and economic view that will motivate innovations the same way as the vaccine has come about so quickly.
Point of care covid saliva testing combined with proof of vaccination will be a game changer. And don’t forget, the epidemiologist predictions are assuming assymptomatic carriage of covid in the vaccinated population- it was originally assumed this was possible.
newer data from vaccine trials indicate there is a significant protection against carriage with the vaccines.

Captain Caveman

Early Days
Sep 24, 2020
Fwiw A couple of mates have ended up in infectious disease- one an ID physician, one in
public health. They both talk about epidemiologists essentially being professional dismal buggers . Both feel travel will be on the cards in the next year or two at the latest. - there’s a large incentive both from a societal and economic view that will motivate innovations the same way as the vaccine has come about so quickly.
Point of care covid saliva testing combined with proof of vaccination will be a game changer. And don’t forget, the epidemiologist predictions are assuming assymptomatic carriage of covid in the vaccinated population- it was originally assumed this was possible.
newer data from vaccine trials indicate there is a significant protection against carriage with the vaccines.

For me I am more perplexed by inconsistencies.
Help me understand, can't have more than 5 people to my house tonight for New Years. People that are my family or friends and I know their whereabouts for the past 6 months but I can go to Woolies and Dan Murphys and bump into hundreds of people I have never met.

Roymond

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 1, 2018
Captain, what are saying makes perfect common sense, which you have and would apply logically to a situation- ie if one of those friends had a sniffle, you’d politely ask them to stay away.
I think they have to pitch the public health message to punters who don’t quite think things through as well as you and require a more prescriptive approach.

Reactions: Captain Caveman

gareth_oau

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Dec 27, 2008
Canning Vale, Perth
common sense

you demonstrate the failure in your comment in the very first sentence LOL.

Infortunately a btoadbrush approach to any situation will always not fit best for everyone.

Without these rules there might be big parties where you don't know everyone.

And the logic with Woolies is that you aren't in close proximitiy with any one person for extended periods

Crystal

Sand skier extraordinaire
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1970
Far far away Aussie expat
For me I am more perplexed by inconsistencies.
Help me understand, can't have more than 5 people to my house tonight for New Years. People that are my family or friends and I know their whereabouts for the past 6 months but I can go to Woolies and Dan Murphys and bump into hundreds of people I have never met.
Also most people don't walk around Woolies and Dan Murphys giving people a hug and a pash...unless possibly you do ;)

retread

Hard Yards
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2010
Mortdale

We were scheduled to arrive Monday afternoon. 2022 hopefully - everything crossed.

Hudson

One of Us
Feb 7, 2013
Sun Peaks, BC
Too many people are refusing the vaccine.
We need to ramp up the fear level a few notches. Put them on a list to make their life intolerable. Banish them from everyday life.

I think international travel, mask wearing and selective lockdowns will need to continue until we all submit to the jab. Of course, we will need to be continually vaccinated as a new mutation occurs. It will become second nature.

Thus, logistically speaking, travel restrictions may last indefinitely if new mutations occur and require a new jab.
This is the new normal. We will get used to it and embrace it.

bomber

Having a good time
Ski Pass
Jun 3, 2001
Brisbane
Hudson
Keep up the good work therefor all of us. Post as many pictures as you can. We need it please

Reactions: Roymond

Hudson

One of Us
Feb 7, 2013
Sun Peaks, BC
Hudson
Keep up the good work therefor all of us. Post as many pictures as you can. We need it please

There has been a lack of clear days. Regular light snow. I do have a few from last evening’s fireworks display. The setup was at the top of the Morrisey Poma this year.
74D8037B-71CC-4EF2-8A39-BB3EB6660B5D.jpeg
392949B5-093E-483E-860F-7C953A27E50E.jpeg
2CADBBAF-A111-4D6B-9E4F-1F72ADC73241.jpeg
03EF1E9B-8142-4DB6-874A-62A5BD65E663.jpeg
B1B6BF48-229C-4CA5-B86E-FF0C98CE15E8.jpeg

Attachments

• 6AC38771-A47F-4AEC-83A1-A69240A74293.jpeg
    6AC38771-A47F-4AEC-83A1-A69240A74293.jpeg
    519.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 602A0AF8-C237-413B-BDED-DA7EC6146BCF.jpeg
    602A0AF8-C237-413B-BDED-DA7EC6146BCF.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2

Hudson

One of Us
Feb 7, 2013
Sun Peaks, BC
Since the technology exists, we can have everyone micro chipped with official government issue. It will hold all medical records, stats and serve as your wallet for the new digital currency. The sooner they roll this out we can open the world up to travel. Those whose don’t have the current jab will be prevented from travel, shopping, etc.
We can also turn off undesirables and those who don’t conform. Add in a GPS so we can track everyone. The world will be a safer place for those who fall in step with the plan. The rest we can put in camps for re-education before integrating into society.
May take until 2022 before international travel is allowed freely. Government knows best how to keep us safe.

Reactions: Ret-ro and Roymond

Roymond

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 1, 2018
Since the technology exists, we can have everyone micro chipped with official government issue. It will hold all medical records, stats and serve as your wallet for the new digital currency. The sooner they roll this out we can open the world up to travel. Those whose don’t have the current jab will be prevented from travel, shopping, etc.
We can also turn off undesirables and those who don’t conform. Add in a GPS so we can track everyone. The world will be a safer place for those who fall in step with the plan. The rest we can put in camps for re-education before integrating into society.
May take until 2022 before international travel is allowed freely. Government knows best how to keep us safe.
Australia already started with the nasal swabs. There was a microchip inserted deep in the brain with each swab. Or so I’ve been told.

Reactions: SnowRabbit

Hudson

One of Us
Feb 7, 2013
Sun Peaks, BC
A typical run today. New Years day.
Quit when there was a four chair queue.
Likely busier mid-day.
3 cm over corduroy was almost universal. Again they are under reporting the daily snowfall.
A very mellow day.
The glades appear good to go with the recent additions.
Above the Sunburst, the visibility was challenging.
Wonder what the West Bowl looks like since one has to skin over there to ski it this year.
The Resort is not grooming the area as the T-bar had been Covided.
C843A261-200E-439A-8A6A-65ACDE07D8DB.jpeg

Hudson

One of Us
Feb 7, 2013
Sun Peaks, BC
Damn!
First Dr Fauci and the CDC admitted that the PCR test gives lots of false positives as the CT rises. Now the FDA admits the same. What will happen to the Cases, Cases, Cases! I was looking forward to my Vax every 3 months! At least we know where the seasonal flu cases went. I want my Vax, now!

gareth_oau

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Dec 27, 2008
Canning Vale, Perth
My PPE on the slopes.
I keep 3 m away from people. Never talk to anyone. Only leave the house to ski. Hope the lockdown lasts a long time. Can’t wait for my microchip/digital wallet as my old traditional wallet won’t last long. Where’s my Vax!
3C9E7976-09EB-4EF8-96B9-10A7A5191B4C.jpeg

hudson your new ski helmet and buff is very fetching

Ret-ro

One of Us
Sep 7, 2017
Quite possible for Canada if we use the current PCR test for Covid cases. Expect masks wearing and selective lockdowns, even with the vaccine, to continue through next year.

Great news is that the seasonal flu has all but disappeared. Yeah!

Cardiac, respiratory and other end of life morbidities have fallen sharply. Great news!
I wonder if that's because we are listing cause of death as CV 19 instead of the items above.

Your second email sounds like the mark of the beast ...

Hudson

One of Us
Feb 7, 2013
Sun Peaks, BC
Hey, we are doing such a great job of social distancing and mask wearing that no Flu viruses are being spread. Deaths from cardiac, cancer, other respiratory illnesses, car accidents, homicides have also gone way down from mask wearing. Yeah!
We need to wear two layers of masks to prevent the Covid virus from infecting us because whatever we are doing is causing more Covid cases but no Flu.
So we must all cower at home and do as we are told by our betters. They know best. I want my microchip and give me my two Vax shots.
Got to make an example of all those Doctors and healthcare workers who refuse the Vax.
Fire them and put them in re-education camps.
As a matter of concern, very few of my so called educated friends are getting the jab. Stupid people should know that there are no side effects from the Vax.
Got to keep all small businesses closed indefinitely as well as the borders. UBI for all.
Who needs freedom if you don’t have safety.
Should have bounties on those who don’t wear the mask in public. Then send them to the camps. Geez!

Reactions: Taipan and bomber

absentskier

Smug bozo
Ski Pass
Jun 10, 2010
Melbourne
Hey, we are doing such a great job of social distancing and mask wearing that no Flu viruses are being spread. Deaths from cardiac, cancer, other respiratory illnesses, car accidents, homicides have also gone way down from mask wearing. Yeah!
We need to wear two layers of masks to prevent the Covid virus from infecting us because whatever we are doing is causing more Covid cases but no Flu.
So we must all cower at home and do as we are told by our betters. They know best. I want my microchip and give me my two Vax shots.
Got to make an example of all those Doctors and healthcare workers who refuse the Vax.
Fire them and put them in re-education camps.
As a matter of concern, very few of my so called educated friends are getting the jab. Stupid people should know that there are no side effects from the Vax.
Got to keep all small businesses closed indefinitely as well as the borders. UBI for all.
Who needs freedom if you don’t have safety.
Should have bounties on those who don’t wear the mask in public. Then send them to the camps. Geez!
Please keep bullshit political garbage out of a public ski resort reporting thread.

Reactions: sly_karma and TOFF

sly_karma

Green Bastard
Ski Pass
Dec 12, 2005
Penticton, BC
I'll give @Hudson "tongue in cheek" status for now, but in the interests of balance, here is recent reporting from BC Centre for Disease Control on flu testing so far this season.

The TL;DR is: double the tests over last year, but near zero cases. There was an appeal to the public in autumn to get flu shots and many more people than normal did so. That and hand washing, sanitizing and social distancing have reduced influenza to virtually zero so far.
http://www.bccdc.ca/health-professi...cable-diseases/influenza-surveillance-reports

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass