Day to Day Sunday 10th - Friday 15th October 2021 Troughs and Fronts Eastern Seaboard

Undies

Superspreadin the lurve
Ski Pass
May 15, 2002
Top drawer
What's the chances of Warragamba spilling? Seems to be hovering just below full, but the storms yesterday and today must be going to go close to tipping it over.

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
What's the chances of Warragamba spilling? Seems to be hovering just below full, but the storms yesterday and today must be going to go close to tipping it over.
I don't think we'll get much today. At all.

Wavey

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 3, 2019
Wollongong, NSW
Apologies about photo quality but nice mammatus around right now.

20211015_101905.jpg

20211015_103812.jpg

Westerly Wind

Hard Yards
Jul 12, 2019
Orange NSW (885 m a.s.l.)
Here in Orange we have just had a brief but heavy shower of small hail of the wintry type. After some steady morning rain it cleared briefly but it is now dark and bleak with cold blustery Northwesterly winds, very July like. Light rain still continues. The temp at Orange AP is around 8 deg. We shall see what the day brings !

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Gleno71

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2019
Gold Coast, Queensland
Fantastic photos mate. @Gleno71
This one in particular was exactly what I saw when driving past Oakhill College this afternoon on my way home from work. I regretted not stopping and taking a photo because the lookout from there towards the Blue Mountains is quite incredible.
Albeit, I saw it from a distance further than your photo, but the vista at the time of the wide area of the Blue Mountains was insane.
I was also driving through a school zone. I had too much to concentrate on while driving!!
Thanks for uploading such amazing photos!!
Cheers @Homer , it seemed that the shelf cloud was very disorganised when i first got to the location, i think i posted a photo from my phone earlier on. And while i was there, you could see it organising itself while it went over the blue mountains. The wall cloud developed to my left, then it started to take shape not long after that

Reactions: Homer

Ken Kato

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 2019
Brisbane
That photo looks unreal. 3 funnels

Possibly a 4th funnel if you zoom in enough. At this stage, the damage track from the tornado that touched down is estimated to be close to about 10km long based on preliminary damage information. There was also damage reported in multiple separate areas which may have been from additional tornadoes, a single tornado lifting then dropping back down again, or straightline winds.

Homer

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 3, 2005
Castle Hill - Sydney

So much moisture.

Imagine the snow around NSW if this was an extreme cold event in mid winter!

Edit: Can someone post a link to the current moving sat pics that won't update? I have no idea how to do that. Or at least a screen shot of the current sat pic. I have no idea how to do that type of shit. :)

Wavey

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 3, 2019
Wollongong, NSW
Certainly a nice looking sat pic. If you're on a computer, you can press the print screen button (prt sc) and then paste into here. :)

Screenshot_20211015-171347_Samsung Internet.jpg

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona

So much moisture.

Imagine the snow around NSW if this was an extreme cold event in mid winter!

Edit: Can someone post a link to the current moving sat pics that won't update? I have no idea how to do that. Or at least a screen shot of the current sat pic. I have no idea how to do that type of shit. :)
sat pic.png

Steve777

One of Us
Ski Pass
Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2019
Artarmon, Sydney North Shore
Certainly a very interesting event, with supercells, large hail, even a tornado warning in Sydney and an actual tornado in Armidale.

Are tornados becoming more frequent? https://www.weatherzone.com.au/news...es-becoming-more-frequent-in-australia/535186 (Spoiler alert - insufficient data).

From where I was, The action was mostly elsewhere. I got a couple of fairly average thunderstorms and, judging by nearby stations, about 8-10 mm of rain. The sky was messy and low cloud mostly obscured whatever there was to see. However, I liked this view through the rain from a retreating cell, looking North:

08F9428E-8906-402C-B1BF-443AFB9E9B84.png

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
Some incredible skies from Pambula to Jindy this afternoon, from dark to light and everything in between, was really beautiful with the green fields against the dark ominous background, rain at times.

Last edited:

Homer

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 3, 2005
Castle Hill - Sydney
I never realised that my phone had a night time option for pics. I only discovered this the other night.
I had a bit of a play with the options.
Anyway, here is a pic of the remaining remnants of Thursday's storms. It was completely dark at the time. The shutter time on my phone was about 4 seconds as I could hear it click when the photo was taken. I certainly didn't have the phone completely still during those 4 seconds.
It's amazing how clever our smart phones are these days.

1634378797657.jpeg

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass