Admin Notice Sunset of PayPal as a recurring subscription payment option. PayPal to end July 4, 2022.

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
but I was thinking get notification about two weeks or so before the looming deadline and being able to pay the upgrade (eg, silver to gold) at leisure in advance so it is seamless at changeover time rather than an abrupt hurdle

Yes. So this is possible now, from July 1, now that Stripe is the only gateway.

If you are on Blue, silver and gold are always available to purchase at anytime. Likewise if on silver, gold is always available.

Trigger notices come in at 100 & 50 posts prior to the level-up requirement.

cold wombat

Twitter Contributer
Jun 4, 2008
Perth
Yes. So this is possible now, from July 1, now that Stripe is the only gateway.

If you are on Blue, silver and gold are always available to purchase at anytime. Likewise if on silver, gold is always available.

Trigger notices come in at 100 & 50 posts prior to the level-up requirement.
Problem solvered then!

Reactions: skifree and elSpike
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

gareth_oau

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Dec 27, 2008
Canning Vale, Perth
Have you made an appointment with your bank manager yet?
bank manager? try psychiatrist.

The moment you try to read new posts and you see your profile is locked - you start to panic, you try to reminder the steps, you cant find your credit car details,you start to panic more, you forget your damn pin no. 3 fails and your card gets locked

you might never be able to subscribe again...

spongebob-patrick.gif

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
My Gold subscription has now expired and I wish to pay to renew
it by debit card on line. How do I do that ?
I have not found the message or the weblink or the way to get this done. @Richard please assist me.

I'm guessing you got an email from PayPal.

Just hold your breath until your subscription actually expires -- which is midnight -- then you will get both a persistant notice and the link to resubscribe.

Schnaxxy Schnaxxlburger

but a dream within a dream
Ski Pass
Jun 23, 2001
macdonaldtown
is this change the reason for this new jigsaw thing in the address line?

3C9B270E-0B7E-4977-8589-CDAD62DFBFAA.jpeg

it takes me to ‘manage extensions’

BF92C4C4-17EE-4031-88C2-DE9CF32F60E6.jpeg

I gather I now have to get rid of ‘PayPal Honey’, rather than enabling it

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
is this change the reason for this new jigsaw thing in the address line?

3C9B270E-0B7E-4977-8589-CDAD62DFBFAA.jpeg

it takes me to ‘manage extensions’

BF92C4C4-17EE-4031-88C2-DE9CF32F60E6.jpeg

I gather I now have to get rid of ‘PayPal Honey’, rather than enabling it

No

Nothing to do with it.

Browser Extensions are on your device. Does the jigsaw icon show up on other sites?

From here all I'm going to do is google "what is PayPal honey"

Either way, it's something you have installed at some point.

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
So there seems to be a few things happening here;

1. You have added either ski home page or the forums homepage as an icon (Progressive Web App/PWA) to your list of apps on your mobile home screen -->> & you are on an Android phone ?? --or-- you have made Chrome the default browser on iPhone ??

2. When you click a PWA icon from the home screen of your (Android?) phone, the browser menu bar will now show that puzzle icon --> IF you have extensions installed .

3. You have the PayPal Honey browser extension (formally known as just Honey) installed.

Suspect you have unwittingly installed the Honey app and/or browser extension. It's a silly coupon aggregator. Kill it with fire.

Reactions: RustyJ

Schnaxxy Schnaxxlburger

Ski Pass
Jun 23, 2001
macdonaldtown
So there seems to be a few things happening here;

1. You have added either ski home page or the forums homepage as an icon (Progressive Web App/PWA) to your list of apps on your mobile home screen -->> & you are on an Android phone ?? --or-- you have made Chrome the default browser on iPhone ??
I have the icon on my home screen, and also use the shortcut app
don't use Android and I've never used Chrome on my ipad
2. When you click a PWA icon from the home screen of your (Android?) phone, the browser menu bar will now show that puzzle icon --> IF you have extensions installed .
ok
3. You have the PayPal Honey browser extension (formally known as just Honey) installed.
I searched it too
Suspect you have unwittingly installed the Honey app and/or browser extension. It's a silly coupon aggregator. Kill it with fire.
it appears to be an app to help use Paypal - not sure why it's there, and it appears to be non-removable, only possible to turn off

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
and it appears to be non-removable, only possible to turn off

hmmmm, not convinced

Browser extensions can be removed.

Try this;

On desktop, whilst logged into your chrome account. Remove the browser extension by going to;

chrome://extensions/

Chances are removing any extensions will then sync to your ipad (assuming you are signed in on Chrome on iPad)

The iOS security model probably prevents access to browser extensions directly.

Reactions: RustyJ

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
Perhaps you have the PayPal app installed? And the browser extension is baked in from PayPal?

Though I'm not sure how the paypal app could have access to install shit on the Chrome app on iOS ?

Either way, from here, the Googling is all yours..

Schnaxxy Schnaxxlburger

Ski Pass
Jun 23, 2001
macdonaldtown
Perhaps you have the PayPal app installed? And the browser extension is baked in from PayPal?

Though I'm not sure how the paypal app could have access to install shit on the Chrome app on iOS ?

Either way, from here, the Googling is all yours..
that’s a bit strange
I only use Chrome on my W10 work lappy, which is ‘managed by your organization’
looking at its extensions now, no trace of Paypal or Honey
I never use Google for search on any device, only DuckDuckGo - occasionally a search for a place opens Google maps in Safari
on another issue it’s interesting because I think my gmail address which I never use was scraped from my work computer because it recently appeared somewhere unexpected
I guess the Honey issue is coming from Paypal app somehow - will check, though that app is not on the ipad where this issue arose
I doubt that I’ll raise it here again - just glad it’s not caused by anything sno-infoish

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using