Question SUV Tyres good for Snow/Highway?

GobrinIce

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2019
Who sells those scorpions that cheep? Tempe Tyres $270 Beaurepairs $370?

Tempe. Did they quote you $270? I was buying 265 70 r16, maybe they were trying to clear them when I bought?

Was meaning to update that they've been really good. Handled wet road, off road and gravel really well. There was sort of snow when I went up to Perisher, but road is pretty well maintained and cleared up there so not sure they mattered. Can't speak for longevity.

Reactions: Jonathan_P

Nidecker

A Local
Ski Pass
Aug 5, 2009
Alpine the dark side of snowboarding
Tempe. Did they quote you $270? I was buying 265 70 r16, maybe they were trying to clear them when I bought?

Was meaning to update that they've been really good. Handled wet road, off road and gravel really well. There was sort of snow when I went up to Perisher, but road is pretty well maintained and cleared up there so not sure they mattered. Can't speak for longevity.

Longevity.... If my experience is anything to go by, it is just amazing for these, but majority highway..

snow drive solutions

One of Us
Ski Pass
Nov 26, 2019
MELBOURNE
www.snowdrivesolutions.com.au
I was meaning treated to stop ice forming at all as overseas with brine and beet. Clearing does not stop black ice.

Just looking for advice son tyre brand for use in the Alps. Are there any that work in our conditions as well. I always thought this was not really possible
Please send me your email and will email you back withe the tyre details
cheers Richard
richard@snowtyres.com.au

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
I am still driving on My first set of Hankook Dynapro AT tyres. They are wearing super well and are M & S rated with the snow symbol on the rims. When the day comes I will get the same set of tyres again without fail.

I have driven them through shallow creek crossings in the Grampians, Mud and deep puddles near Tom's hut , A dirt road with 30 -40 cm of unploughed fresh snow ( sans chains ) on the Mt. St. Gwinear road, fresh snow covered approaches to Mt. Baw Baw and Falls Creek ( could n't be bothered putting chains on there either, just put it in Low gear and crawl up & don't brake or steer like a numptie), Steep unsealed ascents and descents to and from The Bluff Hut etc., Hailstorms on Brock's road ,
Down Road No . 3 to Carter's road :-0
etc. .

Last edited:
Reactions: skull and sly_karma
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass