1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Question SUV Tyres good for Snow/Highway?

Discussion in 'Snow Talk' started by snowgum, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Noah

Noah One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

Tempe. Did they quote you $270? I was buying 265 70 r16, maybe they were trying to clear them when I bought?

Was meaning to update that they've been really good. Handled wet road, off road and gravel really well. There was sort of snow when I went up to Perisher, but road is pretty well maintained and cleared up there so not sure they mattered. Can't speak for longevity.

Jonathan_P likes this.
  2. Nidecker

Nidecker One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Longevity.... If my experience is anything to go by, it is just amazing for these, but majority highway..

Jonathan_P likes this.
  3. snow drive solutions

snow drive solutions Hard Yards Ski Pass: Silver

Please send me your email and will email you back withe the tyre details
    cheers Richard
    richard@snowtyres.com.au

Jonathan_P likes this.
  4. Mister Tee on XC Skis

Mister Tee on XC Skis A Local Ski Pass: Gold Ski Pass: Silver

I am still driving on My first set of Hankook Dynapro AT tyres. They are wearing super well and are M & S rated with the snow symbol on the rims. When the day comes I will get the same set of tyres again without fail.

I have driven them through shallow creek crossings in the Grampians, Mud and deep puddles near Tom's hut , A dirt road with 30 -40 cm of unploughed fresh snow ( sans chains ) on the Mt. St. Gwinear road, fresh snow covered approaches to Mt. Baw Baw and Falls Creek ( could n't be bothered putting chains on there either, just put it in Low gear and crawl up & don't brake or steer like a numptie), Steep unsealed ascents and descents to and from The Bluff Hut etc., Hailstorms on Brock's road ,
    Down Road No . 3 to Carter's road :-0
    etc. .

#204 Mister Tee on XC Skis, Nov 3, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    skull and sly_karma like this.