1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

taking snowboard to japan with JAL

Discussion in 'Japan' started by kurtis bollard, Aug 13, 2019 at 10:06 PM.

1. kurtis bollard

kurtis bollard First Runs

so, heading to japan from sydney next season with JAL and taking a suitcase and board by itself in board bag. Has anyone had to pay charges flying from sydney? or will they just let u on.
    Also for a qantas domestic flight to sydney has anyone experienced taking a board on those flights for free as i believe it may count as one piece, thus needed to buy extra baggage passes. Thanks!!

2. M_G

M_G M_G_ = Make skiing great again Ski Pass: Gold

3. Hagle

Hagle Hard Yards

Definitely contact JAL with this question.

Domestically, I have never had any issues with Qantas with skigear... just tick the right box for check in of sports (ski) gear.

4. LMB

LMB Old but definitely not Crusty! Ski Pass: Gold

Except if your allowance is one piece, and you have a suitcase and a board bag it’ll likely be considered two pieces, even if you’re under the weight limit for one - I’d call them and check. Especially as a pre-purchase of extra baggage is usually much cheaper than being hit with it at the airport.

5. Hagle

Hagle Hard Yards

I thought piece limit only applies in North America. Happy to be corrected for Oz domestic allowance, but fairly confident weight limit applies.

6. Medicine_Shoes

Medicine_Shoes Early Days

Im pretty sure JAL gives you 2 x 23kgs of checked bags. Not sure about Qantas though.