https://www.instagram.com/reel/CMzj2mmDLWk/?utm_medium=copy_link

or

9965B307-B61C-4505-8637-11698A3C3A7E.jpeg

NightSky

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2015
Omega Centauri
This hit my Instagram feed yesterday and my first thought was faaaark that, but what is weird is the other chair isn’t swinging.
Yeah, was thinking that too. The only thing I can think of is some dampening provided by sitting on the tower rollers.

Stick

Addicted
Apr 11, 2016
My story mentioned in a thread a couple of years back, riding up 7th Heaven at Whistler myself and 2 friends were joined by an American. He got on introduced himself asked where we were from.. Australia, things are going ok so far.. He is from Michigan, apologises for all the other Americans we have met and states he is not like them, he falls asleep, wakes up after a minute or two hands me an empty bottle of Fireball Whiskey, fishes out a half empty bottle from his jacket... Proceeds to tell us that he is thankful we Canadians let him on this mountain.. Gets to the top as we are strapping in he skis over and tells us, that he has probably had enough fun today and he was going to call it a day.. Meet you at the bottom he states as he takes off..

SMSkier

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 4, 2016
Skiing Stubai Glacier a few seasons back with Sigi Draxl - it’s where he did his early years training as a member of The Austrian Ski Team before heading to Australia, decades back. My plus 1 and his partner decided to get the 6 seat gondola back. I followed Sigi down the hill (damn good skier for his age) and he suggests we hop a gondola at mid point or thereabouts.

All good, step into the first available and there’s a fella putting a lot of serious chat work into 2 ladies. Good for him but boy he was pissed when he realised the ladies were in fact our partners. :p

Laughed about it over drinks back at his lodge that evening.:).

jabiru

One of Us
Jul 16, 2002
Melbourne
a few seasons ago mate and i got on the V8, only a couple of young teenagers ( 13 ish ? ) up the other end , of course there is a bit of a tilt and one kid whispers to the two others " its those fat old blokes at the other end " we heard of course and went into ( fake ) fits of rage ,, they all went really red in the face and didnt know what to do as you do at that age ,, we broke it up and everyone had a great laugh ,, they even started talking to us which is unusual for teenagers , said bye at the off ramp and everyone left feeling good

robbo mcs

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
A few years back I ended up on the V8 with a whole crew of American Park Rats, here for training and a comp. It was springtime, and a couple of Rosellas flew by really close to us. One of the dudes yells out, “hey man, look a parrot”. All the other crew started going off, “no f...ing way man, they have parrots while you ride the lift”, “how cool is that, a f...ing parrot while we doing the park man”. Had to be there;) It was like they had done one too many of something the night before, and couldn’t quite be sure if the “parrot” was real, or a hallucination:p

SMSkier

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 4, 2016
You know people. ;)

I take your point:thumbs:. Not normally one to mention folks by name other than forumites by forum identity. Sigi however has an interesting history at Perisher, in a variety of roles, and business, spanning 4 decades. I think a few people other than me would know him. Hence the mention by name. Not everyone would have gotten on with him but that’s life. More recently, he has suffered C19 and a stroke. Unlikely to ever return to Australia. So now domiciled in his property, on the snow, at Seefeld.

DidSurfNowSki

One of them
Ski Pass
Jan 19, 2014
Canberra, ACT
A few years back I ended up on the V8 with a whole crew of American Park Rats, here for training and a comp. It was springtime, and a couple of Rosellas flew by really close to us. One of the dudes yells out, “hey man, look a parrot”. All the other crew started going off, “no f...ing way man, they have parrots while you ride the lift”, “how cool is that, a f...ing parrot while we doing the park man”. Had to be there;) It was like they had done one too many of something the night before, and couldn’t quite be sure if the “parrot” was real, or a hallucination:p
As compared to those small grey birds at the bottom of the 7th Heaven lift at Whistler ;)

upload_2021-5-20_14-30-6.jpeg

Whiskey Jacks ?

Jacko4650

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 15, 2014
Yep, Whiskey Jacks. Last time I was there they had banned people from feeding them. So many people were feeding them at the bottom of the lifts, it was becoming a problem for the poor little birds.
Nothing like Rosellas but . . . . . . I love watching the faces of international visitors at Eyre Cafe when the Rosellas drop in for a visit and maybe a song or two. We are truly blessed with birdlife unimaginable in many other countries, particularly in snowy regions. Straya.

Marty McSly

A brick propping up the furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Hunter Valley Whine Country, NSW
Nothing like Rosellas but . . . . . . I love watching the faces of international visitors at Eyre Cafe when the Rosellas drop in for a visit and maybe a song or two. We are truly blessed with birdlife unimaginable in many other countries, particularly in snowy regions. Straya.
Even the rosellas come for the carrot cake. :)

Billy_Buttons

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Mar 25, 2011
Skiing Stubai Glacier a few seasons back with Sigi Draxl - it’s where he did his early years training as a member of The Austrian Ski Team before heading to Australia, decades back. My plus 1 and his partner decided to get the 6 seat gondola back. I followed Sigi down the hill (damn good skier for his age) and he suggests we hop a gondola at mid point or thereabouts.

All good, step into the first available and there’s a fella putting a lot of serious chat work into 2 ladies. Good for him but boy he was pissed when he realised the ladies were in fact our partners. :p

Laughed about it over drinks back at his lodge that evening.:).
Was rather partial to roasted Chestnuts. Sorry to hear he is unwell. :(

VSG

Crayon Master
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com
I take your point:thumbs:. Not normally one to mention folks by name other than forumites by forum identity. Sigi however has an interesting history at Perisher, in a variety of roles, and business, spanning 4 decades. I think a few people other than me would know him. Hence the mention by name. Not everyone would have gotten on with him but that’s life. More recently, he has suffered C19 and a stroke. Unlikely to ever return to Australia. So now domiciled in his property, on the snow, at Seefeld.

Was only being silly. Not a great state of affairs. Top bloke by the sound of it. :)

Reactions: SMSkier

Kletterer

Thredbo Doughnut Tragic
Nov 26, 2014
Canberra
Thats really sad . I knew Sigi back in the old days

Reactions: SMSkier

robbo mcs

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a