Tasch Zermatt

Johnb007

Addicted
Oct 19, 2011
To Hell You Ride
Anybody stayed there? Is the train shuttle service part of the ski lift ticket? I have found a place there but if it costs 50CHF return every day, it makes the accommodation expensive.

andrew7

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 3, 2007
castlemaine
Was in Zermatt January last year: magnificent resort. Part of the charm to mine was staying in Zermatt proper which is a beautiful village and gives access to the 3 main lifted areas. Adding an (expensive albeit short) train ride each day doesn't make much sense to me. I think ponying up the extra $ to stay in the village is worth the spend. We found some semi-reasonable airbnb accommodation in a central location which didn't break the bank (bearing in mind Zermatt is an expensive resort mainly due to the strong Swiss franc and high tech/super modern lift system). If you're looking to save some $ consider staying on the Italian side of the Matterhorn # Cervinia, facilities/lifting no comparison and more mellow terrain but worth considering.

Reactions: skiflat

Johnb007

Addicted
Oct 19, 2011
To Hell You Ride
I like Zermatt and really want to be on that side of the hill. So I am just trying to look at options. And yes it is expensive but also magnificent.

Beerman

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jan 15, 2015
Brisvegas
Tasch is no more than a huge car park for travellers from all over Europe. Stay in Zermatt it's worth it. There used to be a Youth Hostel there, with relatively cheap accommodation. It's still Switzerland and Zermatt, so not cheap.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass