1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Tasch Zermatt

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Johnb007, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Johnb007

Johnb007 Addicted

Anybody stayed there? Is the train shuttle service part of the ski lift ticket? I have found a place there but if it costs 50CHF return every day, it makes the accommodation expensive.

2. andrew7

andrew7 Hard Yards

Was in Zermatt January last year: magnificent resort. Part of the charm to mine was staying in Zermatt proper which is a beautiful village and gives access to the 3 main lifted areas. Adding an (expensive albeit short) train ride each day doesn't make much sense to me. I think ponying up the extra $ to stay in the village is worth the spend. We found some semi-reasonable airbnb accommodation in a central location which didn't break the bank (bearing in mind Zermatt is an expensive resort mainly due to the strong Swiss franc and high tech/super modern lift system). If you're looking to save some $ consider staying on the Italian side of the Matterhorn # Cervinia, facilities/lifting no comparison and more mellow terrain but worth considering.

skiflat likes this.
  3. Johnb007

Johnb007 Addicted

I like Zermatt and really want to be on that side of the hill. So I am just trying to look at options. And yes it is expensive but also magnificent.

4. Beerman

Beerman One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

Tasch is no more than a huge car park for travellers from all over Europe. Stay in Zermatt it's worth it. There used to be a Youth Hostel there, with relatively cheap accommodation. It's still Switzerland and Zermatt, so not cheap.

5. Apresski

Apresski Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

When are you going?

6. Johnb007

Johnb007 Addicted

I have bailed on Zermatt. Just booked a place in Meribel. It was with a group in a chalet 1/2 board. It will be a relaxing holiday with airport transfers etc. Zermatt next year.

Apresski and piolet like this.