Question Tell me how skis work

teleroo

leaf blower aficionado
Ski Pass
Jun 19, 2019
Illawarra
Yeah I decided to really give it a proper go instead of just tinkering. The last 12 months has been getting everything set up again I now have a 3000x1000 cnc and drag knife setup. The press is going single bladder instead of dual and I am redoing a sublimation press instead of switching out my ski press when I want to sublimate. Was hoping to be up and running this winter with a goal of 100 sets a year.
What, are you actually making skis? Coz that would be way cool.

Reactions: climberman
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
I consider bio feedback to be different to chatter.

I liken it to walking on a tiled floor versus a timber floor or having a car with softer suspension versus harder suspension. Chatter is a difficiency in the ski or the feedback you get skiing anything on ice. Bio-feedback is when the ski is doing everything you want it to do but you feel like you're feeling more of the surface. Like a car with low profile tyres and hard suspension. This is what (unbridled) carbon fibre delivers and it's what DPS have been focusing on for many years with incredible success.

Riding a 2021 DPS versus 2016 or 2011 model is a very different beast. Our Pagoda Tour is more damp than the Pure of yesteryear.
I don’t need new skis.

I don’t need new skis.

I don’t need new skis.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Telemark Phat

Pass the butter
Ski Pass
Jun 21, 2008
Jindabyne
www.telemarkphat.org
They work better if you just use 1, make it a bit wider, and stand sideways.
Sounds like a toboggan.
IMG_0750.JPG

Reactions: skifree

Kletterer

Thredbo Doughnut Tragic
Ski Pass
Nov 26, 2014
Canberra
@telecrag Dont get too greedy. You were pushing the red line on some of those runs we had on the weekend up Sponars way. You are suffering from acute lust for a seriously torsionaly stiff beast with stubborn tails that pigroot and try to throw you out of the saddle.

• Haha
Reactions: telecrag

skifree

Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
From the ski essentials site this week.

Damn good looking ski. Needs and wants.......wants.....wants
1628678467789.png

Not my colour or binding.

I've bought enough dps skis now you'd think I'd be able to order my own colour scheme.

DPS Driver

A Local
Jul 18, 2014

I've bought enough dps skis now you'd think I'd be able to order my own colour scheme.
Yes you have and did you know we now give the option of two colour schemes per model. Here's the alternative colour scheme on that ski, which is the 106.

They look great with Tele bindings. What's your favourite colour @skifree
1628679387694.png

DPS Driver

A Local
Jul 18, 2014

Or something a little more formal the 94 C2 in Black. One of my favourite Aussie skis. I've got this one in the purple. Because I like purple.
1628679612201.png
1628679652751.png

Astro66

Still looking for a park in Thredbo
Jul 27, 2009
Eastern Subs Syd
Tell me how skis work ??? ............ Don't know what all that other shit is about.

Ski's work due to Gravitational Forces overcoming the low Kinetic Friction of skis on snow, when going downhill. And Newton's Third Law when turning.

Let me guess. Tele-skiers trying to complicate shit again ??? Fix your rear bindings !!! It will suddenly seem so simple. <shakes head>

skifree

Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
Tell me how skis work ??? ............ Don't know what all that other shit is about.

Ski's work due to Gravitational Forces overcoming the low Kinetic Friction of skis on snow, when going downhill. And Newton's Third Law when turning.

Let me guess. Tele-skiers trying to complicate shit again ??? Fix your rear bindings !!! It will suddenly seem so simple. <shakes head>
What are you on about?

The skis only need to match ensemble.

• Haha
Reactions: Astro66
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using