Event Testing the water... a SIC* in 2022?

VSG

Crayon Master
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com
As a way of drawing the community back together, I thought a get together next Winter would be good.

For all of us.

I think Buller would be the best venue, from an accommodation and transport viewpoint.

Logistically, it suits the majority of members. Flights in from WA, SA, Qld and even NSW are simples.

What do folks think?

*SIC: Sno Info Conference, a long standing tradition of this site's community of snow riders. Duration and timing. Typically three days Fri-Sun, late July.

Last edited:

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
But realistically there’s no way in the world I’ll go to Buller voluntarily ;)

scarred for life

02423802-E423-45A8-923B-38AF8F14751F.jpeg

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

sastrugi

I Can't Explain
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2001
Taungurung Country
The quality of snow on the ground has very very little to do with the quality of SIC :)
I scrolled too far and read the comment before I saw the poster. Funnily enough, I already guessed it was TOFF!!

We could have a SIC anywhere, who needs snow? ;)

And yes, Buller or Thredbo, i'm in. Probably even Hotham.

Reactions: VSG

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
Count PB and I in, even if we have to do a runner under night fall out of WA LOL

Reactions: VSG

KL.

One of Us
Aug 4, 2005
As a way of drawing the community back together, I thought a get together next Winter would be good.

For all of us.

I think Buller would be the best venue, from an accommodation and transport viewpoint.

Logistically, it suits the majority of members. Flights in from WA, SA, Qld and even NSW are simples.

What do folks think?

*SIC: Sno Info Conference, a long standing tradition of this site's community of snow riders. Duration and timing. Typically three days Fri-Sun, late July.
is this one day, a week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks? shared accom? is it even possible when ring fencing abounds and treated as a fun thing to do?

KL.

One of Us
Aug 4, 2005
vsg, Typically three days Fri-Sun, late July... is the 3 days set in stone? is the accom taken care of as part of the Sno Info Conference?

TOFF

Triple premiership Pants man
Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2004
Wuhan
Generally people organise there own in groups. Ski.com.au does not organise anything

In the past it's has been the last weekend in July.
So who pays for the ski.com.au branded corporate chopper that @Ian D and other assorted royalty arrive in?

Reactions: VSG and Chaeron

chriscross

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 1, 2005
The Foothills
Interested, but accomm at Buller on a w/e in late July could be an issue ($$$) for those who are not lodge members or multi-millionaires. But then, that issue applies at most resorts.

Reactions: Wally

TOFF

Triple premiership Pants man
Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2004
Wuhan
Interested, but accomm at Buller on a w/e in late July could be an issue ($$$) for those who are not lodge members or multi-millionaires. But then, that issue applies at most resorts.
Quite often people book like a 10 pax apartment and fill it with Ski.commers.
Its a great way to share costs and meet people :)

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass