Mega Thread The agonisingly long autumn thread

Adelaidometer

One of Us
Jun 24, 2015
the basin t-bar at Thredbo is the best cam for seeing if its snowing up high like 2000mtrs.but they don't turn it on...why.
It's their loss re self promotional neglect.
Kosciosko walking track Cam may be useful, also keep your eye on perisher Olympic Cam:)

Claude Cat

On my bike
Platinum
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
snowing at Hotham (via Facebook)

yep

CjHAYwTVAAEZ8Mv.jpg:large

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
oh Bears like that water feature in the garden....but back on topic......rain is to follow mid week ??

is there any likely hood of any snow on ground by weekend...cos poor Team Bears have still to visit Westons etc and we are not ganna resort to snow shoes.....meanwhile over in the west at Kyneton Little Bears had to have play lunch in doors because conditions we suboptimal outside...not much rain mind you but bleak and cold...:whistle:

Claude Cat

On my bike
Platinum
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
oh Bears like that water feature in the garden....but back on topic......rain is to follow mid week ??

is there any likely hood of any snow on ground by weekend...cos poor Team Bears have still to visit Westons etc and we are not ganna resort to snow shoes.....meanwhile over in the west at Kyneton Little Bears had to have play lunch in doors because conditions we suboptimal outside...not much rain mind you but bleak and cold...:whistle:
Perhaps some on Thursday, but only up high.

Karicta

A Local
Ski Pass
Aug 9, 2011
I have been told that as Jane does the weather for Ch.7 and is contracted, they apparently stepped in and put a ban on her doing her own forecasts, that is why she does not post here. :)

What others said, but I don't know.

I did notice she stopped after a few knockers had a go though. Maybe a coincidence....

MarkV

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 4, 2016
It feels like snow weather. 11 degrees and showers in the Latrobe Valley ATM. Baw Baw closed in by cloud all afternoon.

AJS

One of Us
Jul 28, 2014
-1.7 at Thredbo and on its way down, but not sure any moisture around? :(

Nowada

Addicted
Jan 12, 2011
NSW South Coast
Depending on which models you look at 10 to 40cm over the next week, with coolish winter like temps continuing into early June. This weeks snow may have a small chance of staying around until the next snowfall or when manmade starts.

Rabid K9

A Local
Ski Pass
Jul 15, 2008
40mm overnight here on the SW Capes, a bit breezy as well, my gutters overflowed for the first time since I installed a larger volume profile a few years back. Dogs didn't approve of being outside last night.

Around 130mm for the month now, so closing in on our monthly average (145mm). Quite a good start to winter in southern WA, a number of decent frontal systems being 'seeded' by some nice tropical moisture. And plenty of cool, boisterous westerlies in between systems.

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
Having lunch in Gisborne today....mild/still and sunny......quite a contrast to yesterdays weather....nice basking in d sun...:love:

Claude Cat

On my bike
Platinum
Jul 6, 2001
Canterbury, Vic
There's still plenty of wiggle with the models for this event, so I don't really trust them beyond this weekend.
The latest GFS run (00Z) progression after Sunday doesn't look realistic.

Reactions: mick chopps

Edgecrusher

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Apr 19, 2013
The Southern Capital
This was as of 16 May:

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/news/tasmanian-dam-levels-bouncing-back/507411

"Lake Margaret, about 10 kilometres north of Queenstown, has amassed about 700mm in the past six weeks, including 440mm in the past fortnight. The local dam was nine metres short of filling in March and is now within 1.5 metres of full capacity. With 75-to-150mm of rain likely in the coming seven days it would become the wettest May in 22 years and take the dam to the brink of spilling.

Much larger dams, including Lake Gordon, are more needy for further rain. Among the largest in the state, Lake Gordon still has more than 40 metres to reach capacity, eight metres below the level of this time last year.

In the relatively-dry-but-recently-wet east, dam levels have only risen gently. In January Hobart's dams were at their lowest level in more than five years and are now only slightly higher.

This week a barrage of intense low pressure systems and cold fronts will deliver frequent bursts of rain, bringing over 100mm to parts of the west. This will bring the biggest autumn inflows in many years.

Unfortunately for parts of the east, less than 10mm is all that parts of the east can expect. At 82% of capacity, Hobart's dams are still well below the 96% of this time last year and this week should only inch closer to that mark."

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums