Question The Annual 2020 When Does The CP Road Open? Thread

Fozzie Bear

Where's my flapping ears gone.....
Ski Pass
Jun 2, 2014
In the woods
Who cares? Except for hikers....... was cleared to Spencers Creek two week ago and into CP village last week. Will depend on amount of melt to the turning circle this week and any accumulation from inbound weather system. But will almost certainly not be before October LWE

PiedPiper

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 17, 2010
Melbourne Vic
Sorry i probably should have asked when the NSW Long weekend,
not sure if it's a Sep or Oct long weekend.

But it looks like first weekend of Oct.
It's still easiest way to access club lake - could well be the only snow i get this year :(

Fozzie Bear

Where's my flapping ears gone.....
Ski Pass
Jun 2, 2014
In the woods
Sorry i probably should have asked when the NSW Long weekend,
not sure if it's a Sep or Oct long weekend.

But it looks like first weekend of Oct.
It's still easiest way to access club lake - could well be the only snow i get this year :(

IMG_4497.JPG
Club Lake from two weeks ago. Has been a lot of melt since then.

Last edited:
Reactions: skifree and SMSkier

SMSkier

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 4, 2016
The road was planned to be open end of this week. But recent snowfalls might impact that. However, it was clear up past Mt P yesterday and unlike the last few seasons, it’s being cleared as the snow falls. There was a large grader working it today. Come Monday and assuming the clearing continues, I’d expect it to be clear enough. Time will tell I suppose but if it does open then it’s access to this current snowfall.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
The opening to at least Spencer’s Creek is always linked to the opening of the trout season in my alternate universe.

Except it’s delayed a day. So first day of trout season senior RMS or whatever the Dept is called this week can get in rip out the best trout. Then open next day for the riff raff to cast their flys upon thinned waters.

Dropbear

One of Us
Aug 4, 2010
Northern Beaches
Speaking of open roads, can anyone advise if the dirt roads throughout Perisher Valley are open, please? I've seen "authorised vehicles only" signs up during wintertimes (even when there's no snow on the roads), but that rule shouldn't apply anymore by now surely?

Legs Akimbo

Grumblebum
Ski Pass
Mar 3, 1999
Coastal suburban boonies.
Speaking of open roads, can anyone advise if the dirt roads throughout Perisher Valley are open, please? I've seen "authorised vehicles only" signs up during wintertimes (even when there's no snow on the roads), but that rule shouldn't apply anymore by now surely?
I think the park's attitude is that they turn a blind eye to people using the roads but offer no assistance or sympathy if you get snowed in. And Hans charges a motzah to haul you out. I have dropped stuff at a lodge but have not parked overnight. A few years ago.

Dropbear

One of Us
Aug 4, 2010
Northern Beaches
I think the park's attitude is that they turn a blind eye to people using the roads but offer no assistance or sympathy if you get snowed in. And Hans charges a motzah to haul you out. I have dropped stuff at a lodge but have not parked overnight. A few years ago.

Wouldn't mind getting snowed in, actually! But yes, it's good to know where we stand if there are any issues.

Yeah I know that in summer the roads are open for public access - we've parked overnight many times before - but I've not been down there immediately after winter before, so I'm not sure how quickly open up the roads, assuming the roads are clear of snow like they appear to be now?

Legs Akimbo

Grumblebum
Ski Pass
Mar 3, 1999
Coastal suburban boonies.
Wouldn't mind getting snowed in, actually! But yes, it's good to know where we stand if there are any issues.

Yeah I know that in summer the roads are open for public access - we've parked overnight many times before - but I've not been down there immediately after winter before, so I'm not sure how quickly open up the roads, assuming the roads are clear of snow like they appear to be now?
Whooooaaaa. Don't rely on my post for anything. It's just my experience and observation. Policies may change in an eye blink.

Reactions: skifree
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass