The Antarctic Snow Cruiser Was A Building-Sized Car Doomed For Failure

Donzah

Formerly know as Aldi whorehouse.
Ski Pass
Aug 3, 2017
woonona
Looks like something from Thunderbirds
Appeared in Non Fiction as a well Atlantis Found by Clive Cussler
Dirk and his friends travel there immediately, but their transport breaks down. They encounter a rich eccentric named 'Dad' (Clive Cussler) who is there with a team to recover the gargantuan Antarctic Snow Cruiser left there in 1940 during Admiral Byrd's third Antarctic expedition. Using the Snow Cruiser, they are able to make it the rest of the way to the villains' base in the ancient Amenes city. There, they deactivate the nanotechnology with minutes to spare, and the authorities arrive to secure the base.

MisterMxyzptlk

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Mar 12, 2002
They obviously weren't into caterpillar tracks
You can read too much into stuff I know, but when you see what tanks the US turned up with in Africa in 1942 there may have been a bit of a technology hole there

Crystal

Sand skier extraordinaire
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1970
Far far away Aussie expat
Appeared in Non Fiction as a well Atlantis Found by Clive Cussler
Dirk and his friends travel there immediately, but their transport breaks down. They encounter a rich eccentric named 'Dad' (Clive Cussler) who is there with a team to recover the gargantuan Antarctic Snow Cruiser left there in 1940 during Admiral Byrd's third Antarctic expedition. Using the Snow Cruiser, they are able to make it the rest of the way to the villains' base in the ancient Amenes city. There, they deactivate the nanotechnology with minutes to spare, and the authorities arrive to secure the base.
how funny, was just trying to remember where I had read about it...then read your post :)

Reactions: Donzah and Chaeron

nezumi

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2009
Melbourne
Mark that down as a win for the Russians.

USA: Used once, failed shortly into the journey, lost, possibly disappeared in a calved iceberg and now at the bottom of the ocean somewhere.
Soviet (later Russia): Used for over 50 years, granted recognition as a monument, preserved in Antarctica for future generations to see.

Pretty conclusive I'd say.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass