Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
I have decided to go ahead with my Bogong Rover Chalet booking.

:)
and NOT get a refund due to their NO SLEDS policy .

It is a unique opportunity to ski some more of the Bogong High Plains. That is the terrain that I love best for XC skiing and what inspired me to take up XC skiing in the first place .
If you are not falling over then you are not trying. I made up a mock up 15 kg overnight pack with a sleeping bag, empty day pack , food and clothing and it did not seem to be impossible to plod along on skins/ PB BC XC skis along mainly flat terrain for 11 kms . Of course there is no snow in my spare room where I did this experiment and I was not on skis .
I merely did the knees and nose over toes Nordic skiers' slouch and thought "Yes, I will try !"..

Last edited:

Byron

Addicted
Mar 23, 2014
Nice day walk to Hospital Creek hut starting from Boboyan road- Boboyan Trig ( Yerrabi track). Headed North from trig and generaly down Hospital Creek to the Hut. Back out via the Ridge North of Breakfast Creek to saddle South of Boboyan Trig. Quite a lot of regrowth in places. Some impressive climbing and bouldering potential also.
hospital.jpg
crack1.jpg
crack2.jpg
crack3.jpg
cragx.jpg
cragx3.jpg
The climbing looks like it might be worth a look. How tall were those boulders? Would they be easy to find if I went for a wonder out there?

Reactions: Chaeron

Kletterer

Thredbo Doughnut Tragic
Nov 26, 2014
Canberra
The climbing looks like it might be worth a look. How tall were those boulders? Would they be easy to find if I went for a wonder out there?
The crack line pictured is about 15 metres. Would need lots of big cams.Lots of bouldering potential too. It took 1 hour from there back to car park at Yerrabi track. Can do a map.

Byron

Addicted
Mar 23, 2014
The crack line pictured is about 15 metres. Would need lots of big cams.Lots of bouldering potential too. It took 1 hour from there back to car park at Yerrabi track. Can do a map.
At 15 meters it sounds like it is definitely worth a look, even with the big walk in.

Thanks for the map!

ecowain

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 14, 2003
Mount Victoria, NSW
Nice day walk to Hospital Creek hut starting from Boboyan road- Boboyan Trig ( Yerrabi track). Headed North from trig and generaly down Hospital Creek to the Hut. Back out via the Ridge North of Breakfast Creek to saddle South of Boboyan Trig. Quite a lot of regrowth in places. Some impressive climbing and bouldering potential also.
hospital.jpg
crack1.jpg
crack2.jpg
crack3.jpg
cragx.jpg
cragx3.jpg
Need to be careful there, there are some significant indigenous sites in outcrops above hospital hut. I’ve visited a stunning habitation site, with million dollar views.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

telenomore

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 26, 2010
I have decided to go ahead with my Bogong Rover Chalet booking.

:)
and NOT get a refund due to their NO SLEDS policy .

It is a unique opportunity to ski some more of the Bogong High Plains. That is the terrain that I love best for XC skiing and what inspired me to take up XC skiing in the first place .
If you are not falling over then you are not trying. I made up a mock up 15 kg overnight pack with a sleeping bag, empty day pack , food and clothing and it did not seem to be impossible to plod along on skins/ PB BC XC skis along mainly flat terrain for 11 kms . Of course there is no snow in my spare room where I did this experiment and I was not on skis .
I merely did the knees and nose over toes Nordic skiers' slouch and thought "Yes, I will try !"..
Here is a tip that will save you a small amount of weight. Use your overnight pack as your day pack.

telenomore

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 26, 2010
I have tried this before with base snow camping and day touring on skis. It is rubbish for day touring. Too big , unwieldy , not good.
I understand. Mine works perfectly for both, hence why I bought it. The webbing is much more comfortable than any day pack but personal choice. I have had this discussion a few times with arguments for both options.

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
soundcloud.com
So nothing about slaves or serfs then?
The assumption is that they have been emancipated already .There is very little known about their movement for freedom on the Bogong High Plains esp. after the Kiewa
Hydro electricity scheme was abandoned , they may have dissipated into the community having broken the bonds of slavery.
;-P

The person in charge of stocking the pantry at the Rover Chalet has contacted me by email and says he will send me the list of available ingredients once he has finished the orders for the white season for the kitchen pantry .It could be that I may be able to cook my favouite South Asian veg. food on location from scratch.
In doing so I may save some weight in my pack since each of those Ready to Eat - MTR FOODS meals weighs 300 Grams each. I know @Ramshead subsided on them during his AAWT mission but they are not dehydrated . They are cooked , ready to eat once heated up and are vacuum sealed in a foil pouch .

Reactions: ecowain and skifree

Ramshead

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 5, 2006
Sydney
The assumption is that they have been emancipated already .There is very little known about their movement for freedom on the Bogong High Plains esp. after the Kiewa
Hydro electricity scheme was abandoned , they may have dissipated into the community having broken the bonds of slavery.
;-P

The person in charge of stocking the pantry at the Rover Chalet has contacted me by email and says he will send me the list of available ingredients once he has finished the orders for the white season for the kitchen pantry .It could be that I may be able to cook my favouite South Asian veg. food on location from scratch.
In doing so I may save some weight in my pack since each of those Ready to Eat - MTR FOODS meals weighs 300 Grams each. I know @Ramshead subsided on them during his AAWT mission but they are not dehydrated . They are cooked , ready to eat once heated up and are vacuum sealed in a foil pouch .
Screw the weight MTR curries are awesome. Other brands good too, but those are one of my faves

Untele-whippet

beard stroker
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 2006
Blue Mtns, 1100M.
Looks like a good unit for solo excursions. Can you describe these "small repairs"?
It came new from MLD but with a couple sewing machine needle holes in the nylon!
I contacted them and they gave me a discount refund and supplied some nylon and silnylon seam sealer to patch the pinpricks.
87E1C03F-6880-452B-BC65-0404C417BE66.jpeg

The patches are bomber and completely waterproof.

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
soundcloud.com
Screw the weight MTR curries are awesome. Other brands good too, but those are one of my faves
Give Priya Instant boil the foil bag Indian meals Brand a go. They are not bad. Nothing like my real desi cooking but worth it if you are enjoying the outdoors and need a curry in a hurry.

priya instant meals - Bing images

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
soundcloud.com
You're not pronouncing dahl properly!
Aap ko Hindi ya Urdu aati hai? Kya aap Hindustani Likh , Padh aur bhi bol saktey hain? Aap meri baat samajh saktey hain ?
क्या आप हिंदी लिख सकते हैं
کیا آپ ہندی لکھ سکتے حین

No ?. I did n't think so.

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
soundcloud.com
Costs a lot if you want one in good condition.
Actually the complete compendium of the Affer Beck Lauder's output has been collated into one volume and is available through online book vendors. It is one the funniest books I have read for many years. The first half is all STRINE and the second half is FRAFFLY ( How the Queen of England and her mob speak ).
It is funnier once you crack the phonetic spelling and read it out aloud in the two different dialects , in character.

Reactions: Telemark Phat
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass