The big Hakuba thread 2017/2018 - trip planning, trip reports, general musings about fried chicken

Carebearbarry

First Runs
Feb 21, 2019
Will you have a complete touring set up including avie equipment? Will be plenty of corn touring over March by the looks of it.
I have them, just contemplating is it worth bringing, if snow conditions are poor, just do more on-piste ? i heard the weather has been rather warm compared to previous years

Chowder11

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 21, 2003
Elwood
You recommend worth going in the week of March 11?
As I learnt this year and as a lot of the Japan knowledge folk have said multiple times, anything heading towards the 2nd half of Feb and beyond can be risk especially on Honshu. You could get lucky or you could get unlucky.

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
So I have a request if anyone can help me. When I went to Hakuba 9 yrs ago I got some snowflake die cut stickers the were of the alphabet. Ie one snowflake, one letter. I have never seen the anywhere else. I would be externally grateful if someone came across them and could message me for the letters I seek.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Carebearbarry

First Runs
Feb 21, 2019
Ironically this year it is much better :)
Just returned from ski trip in Hakuba, of the 5 days skiing there, i literally had 4 days of snow fall, with one of the nights getting over 20cm of new snow at the base level. Went to Happo, tsuigke kogen, iwatake, and Hakuba47/Goryu, all had very nice conditions, powdery the first day with nice groomers the day after, so definitely wouldn't rule of March skiing if you have limited options.

Team Weasel

One of Us
Sep 19, 2015
Good times :)

IMGP0034.JPG

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass