Resource The big Myoko/Madarao/Arai thread - 2019/20 & 2020/21

skichanger

A Local
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 2012
chaletmyoko.com
Might not see the cars in a couple of days!
You can see the handle of the shovel hanging on the wall in the shed. It is quite high. So imagine arriving with the cars buried, having no shovel and needing to get to the front door to get to the snow blower and being able to see that shovel.

Reactions: M_G

M_G

M_G_ = Make skiing great again
Ski Pass
Jun 2, 2009
myokoskiresort
myoko.jp
And I've only just realised now why many local local owners build a hut at the FRONT of their property with their snowblower parked in it.

Sandy

Dark Sith Lord of the Pool Room
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Yokohama, Japan, Melb. Expat.
No! Just No! One of my kids has always wanted an excuse, i.e. to much snow, to buy one.

My place today. If you caught the chair up to the hotel when you were there you would have seen it. I am quite pleased that the snow has come of the roof. IMO rain would be excellent as then there would be less snow on the cars. And less snow for the poor person who has to dig their way to the front door, soon I hope. There is a snow blower under a tarp in the "shed" so once you get the stairs easy peasy!
132937971_309617327090798_7909259482808392682_n.png
Who is going to be digging their way to the front door? You don't have a visa, do you?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

BobGnarly

One of Us
Feb 23, 2012
Nagano
Shuttle bus between the Mt Myoko resorts is not running this season. I am not surprised.
https://myokotourism.com/winter-bus-service/
There are all sorts of wacky cut backs happening in the name of corona this season.
That bus is surely a corona risk, but the go to travel campaign was not LOL

My resort isn't running its top lift in the name of corona. It seems steep trees are precisely where corona like to hang out waiting for a victim, but 15 car loads of people with Tokyo number plates at the onsen pose no threat.

Sandy

Dark Sith Lord of the Pool Room
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Yokohama, Japan, Melb. Expat.
There are all sorts of wacky cut backs happening in the name of corona this season.

My resort isn't running its top lift in the name of corona. It seems steep trees are precisely where corona like to hang out waiting for a victim, but 15 car loads of people with Tokyo number plates at the onsen pose no threat.
So the top lift at Kijimadaira is not running at all this season? (normally Wed & Sat, right?)

skichanger

A Local
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 2012
chaletmyoko.com

I think irrational behaviour in the name of corona is pretty universal. Some of the stuff here....It is so frustrating.

Reactions: M_G

M_G

Ski Pass
Jun 2, 2009
myokoskiresort
myoko.jp

Ah, Japan...

I just shrug my shoulders and say shoga nai or TIJ (this is Japan).

Bang%2Bhead%2Bhere.jpg

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

BobGnarly

One of Us
Feb 23, 2012
Nagano
Obviously you have been there the day it opens after a dump .
I usually do 3 laps down the guts and then spend the rest of my day ducking in and out of the trees either side without much competition. ;)

And @Gumbo spent a few weeks at my place 2 seasons ago so he knows the ropes at Kiji pretty well :snowboarder:

Gumbo

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2000
Wollongong N.S.W
Yeah I meant it’s too steep to really be up close to someone, even it was busy. Probably the best run to social distance on. Even that main entry up top is single file in most places not t much chance of catching someone’s germs.

I would think the most dangerous place for most people on any ski resort is going to be the beginners terrain as it allows you to get close to someone. And even then if the proper spacing is kept on the lifts you would have minimal chance of transmission.

skichanger

A Local
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 2012
chaletmyoko.com
My mogul skier was doing back flips off it last season. He comment about it moving being very disturbing for someone who is used to launching themselves off stationary objects.

M_G

Ski Pass
Jun 2, 2009
myokoskiresort
myoko.jp
Just booked ANA tonight for our July flights. Better connections and about $500 cheaper overall for the three of us. Now crossing fingers we can get there.

Jetstar haven't opened up bookings and they carry tens of thousands of Aussies into the country each year. Could be a free for all once they open up again to Japan.

Reactions: Nozawaman

2ESki

One of Us
Apr 16, 2017
Just booked ANA tonight for our July flights. Better connections and about $500 cheaper overall for the three of us. Now crossing fingers we can get there.

Jetstar haven't opened up bookings and they carry tens of thousands of Aussies into the country each year. Could be a free for all once they open up again to Japan.
S23 and self are still hoping to get over in October, trouble is if Japan opens I'm afraid it will be chockers :(

Chux-sw

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 7, 2018
Where's My Jumper
Clarity on return rules will be a key factor, if it's still 2 weeks of >$3000 hotel quarantine will put dampers on it for holiday makers. For people heading over for the season it might be worth it, but it would be serious disincentive to people taking a 2 week holiday. Worst is the uncertainty that many have after the state border debacle we've just seen.

Other issue will be what effect has the Olympics had to COVID levels in Japan and that wont be know until August / September.

M_G

Ski Pass
Jun 2, 2009
myokoskiresort
myoko.jp
TBH it's a punt for me with $600 cancellation fee which I'm willing to cop. If there's going to be a quarantine when we get home then we won't be going. But if things get on the improv then punters will get booking, prices will rise and it will be harder to find flights that suit. So pulling the trigger and crossing my fingers.

M_G

Ski Pass
Jun 2, 2009
myokoskiresort
myoko.jp
House collapses happening

Rail lines closed. Emergency declared.

Charmant and Cupid Valley have been shut since yesterday. Better to stay on-piste for the moment

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass