The Hero Pass is Back for 2013

Stratus

A Local
Apr 22, 2005
Melbourne
We know you’ve been holding your breath as the snowflakes fall…

Exhale. The Hero Pass will return in 2013 and as a 2012 Hero you will have access to the 2013 Hero Pass at the same low price of $699 for adults and $399 for children.

You can secure your 2013 Hero Pass with a deposit of only $199 for adults and $99 for children from Monday 10 September, with the balance due in May 2013. Do not dawdle, this offer is only available until 5pm Monday 8 October 2012.

The secret’s that good, we can hardly expect you to keep it, so share the news!

The price freeze is also available to all Season Pass holders including Tertiary, Valley, Alpine and Spring Pass. That’s right, only $699 for adults and $399 for children.

New Heroes can join the club for $749 for adults and $429 for children. Those who pay the deposit at Falls Creek on Monday 10 September - dressed as a Superhero - will also be eligible for the price freeze! Don the lycra, leather, wings or cape and join in the fun! *

As well as unlimited riding at Falls Creek and Hotham, a range of additional benefits will again be available to Hero Pass holders in 2013. To be eligible for Summer (and Northern Hemisphere Winter) benefits, the balance of your Hero Pass will need to be paid in full by 5pm Thursday 6 December 2012.

Please note, the Hero Pass will be on sale from Monday 10 September 2012. You will be able to put down your deposit via the eStore, in person at the Falls Creek Gully Top Ticket Office, or via downloadable registration form from the 10 September until Monday 8 October 2012.

http://www.skifalls.com.au/heropass

Last edited by a moderator:

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
Great work Falls Creek

Also nice that existing pass holders get a $50 discount!

Strepera versicolor

Hard Yards
May 31, 2007

Exhale. The Hero Pass will return in 2013 and as a 2012 Hero you will have access to the 2013 Hero Pass at the same low price of $699 for adults and $399 for children.

Hold breath. Check the fine print on skifalls.com.au

Exhale. All is well. The Senior Hero Pass is also on the list at $399

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
woohoo.gif

Ziggy

A Local
Aug 24, 2003
^^

Brilliant.

Thought it'd be a one-off for the resort sale/cash flow.

This season as an occasional resort telemarker mostly interested in BC it's made a big difference. Get a few hours practice in the morning and then get lifted to tour out westwards on the High Plains.

mick chopps

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Jun 22, 2006
The barber's chair
I've got 18 days out of mine with hopefully 1 more weekend to go. I can safely say there's no way I'd done that much skiing without it. I'll probably go around again although I'm not likely to do as much next year.

Ziggy

A Local
Aug 24, 2003
Wonder if it's reduced the late afternoon injury rates; you know, you've spent a bomb on the ticket (and hire) and have to get the most out of it so you ski too long, get tired and loose it as the snow gets icy.

mick chopps

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Jun 22, 2006
The barber's chair
yeah interesting point ziggy. I would've only skied to last lifts 3-4 times this year. Usually pull the pin at about 3:30pm and beat the crowds down the hill or head straight to the pub depending where I'm staying.

Ziggy

A Local
Aug 24, 2003
Similar here.

With telemark practice I'm usually knackered after a few hours and it's good to feel free to stop or go backcountry.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Ziggy

A Local
Aug 24, 2003
This year I also got the all-resort entry pass. Don't think I'll break even on that one, above the Falls-only job. But I hate the prepurchase thing at Hotham. It's a pox.

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
a friend got her money's worth in June-July, went to England for a month. Got back on the weekend and skied today, with almost another month to look forward to

Slushii

Mostly missing in action...
Apr 18, 2000
nowhere in particular...
biggrin.gif
I got 16 days out of mine
biggrin.gif
- hopefully another go at the end of the month after musical commitments. Just heard something about 17 cms fresh.... the season keeps on keeping on
biggrin.gif

SAS

Hard Yards
Jul 9, 2000
Victoria
I have just crunched the numbers on my hero pass. I am up to day 43 now.
Purchase price $699
Cost per day on snow $16
Cost per run $1.10

Ziggy

A Local
Aug 24, 2003
Would like to see a single-ride ticket too. So tourers can get out to Pretty Valley or Mt Mackay more easily.

Would employ unused lift capacity and improve relations between RMB and BC skiers. (Yes, dropping the XC trailpass fee has already helped a lot there).

Thredbo has offered this kind of ticket to Eagle's Nest for some years and it's one of the key things that encourages me to go there for a few days each season.

BilbyBill

One of Us
Apr 27, 2001
Tawonga, Australia.
Ziggy said:
Would like to see a single-ride ticket too. So tourers can get out to Pretty Valley or Mt Mackay more easily.

Would employ unused lift capacity and improve relations between RMB and BC skiers. (Yes, dropping the XC trailpass fee has already helped a lot there).

Thredbo has offered this kind of ticket to Eagle's Nest for some years and it's one of the key things that encourages me to go there for a few days each season.

Early in the season my wife purchased what was labeled a Cross Country Access Pass for $5. This was a few days after opening. Not sure if it is available all the time.
Have you asked for a single ride to get to the high trails? That's all she did.

Ziggy

A Local
Aug 24, 2003
Thanks for the heads-up BB.

First I've heard of it but will follow up.

($5 for one lift ride would be v. reasonable; Thredders' is about $28).

Hey weerab, going up the Mt Mackay Road was good for both of us, or at least the waistlines, and it was a good chance to chat. OTOH we could have gone further with a lift-assisted start ;-)

weerab

One of Us
Jul 13, 2009
Beautiful Altona Victoria
Ziggy said:
Thanks for the heads-up BB.

First I've heard of it but will follow up.

($5 for one lift ride would be v. reasonable; Thredders' is about $28).

Hey weerab, going up the Mt Mackay Road was good for both of us, or at least the waistlines, and it was a good chance to chat. OTOH we could have gone further with a lift-assisted start ;-)

Yes, we could have gone to Tawonga huts or even the Fainters! Speaking of the Fainters, we did a great trip years back from the SEC lodge near Bogong village to Bogong Jacks hut where we spent the night (a bit tight with 4 people). The next day we skied up to the Fainters with no packs and then back to the hut at night. Alas all my ski touring companions have pretty well given up skiing but we had some great trips.

Ziggy

A Local
Aug 24, 2003
Sure.

Waiting to hear back.

The sales opp'y and customer service remain a matter of interest.

Some stuff like the driver-only resort entry discount hasn't appeared on their website in the past. Why hide these lights under a bushel, to use an old metaphor?

I'm semi-retired. A baby boomer. In winter have lots of time to drive and look for good-value opportunities.

Hero Pass is brilliant for me ATM.

20 years ago, one ride-tickets would've been; didn't exist so I didn't fill one seat vacant on a lift that over the course of a day must've had hundreds.

Ziggy

A Local
Aug 24, 2003
weerab, was writing while you were posting.

Getting out to the Fainters on an o/n tour is on the bucket list.

Longer but easier via T. Huts? Shorter but harder via Bogong Jack hut?

weerab

One of Us
Jul 13, 2009
Beautiful Altona Victoria
It was a long time ago but I remember not falling over on a pretty hairy ski back to Bogong Village with a full pack. The "snow" on the Fainters was boilerplate as one of our mates found out when he fell over, he lost a bit of skin from his visage.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass