1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

The Japanese season 2013-2014 weather

Discussion in 'Alpine & Southern' started by fletch, Nov 8, 2013.

1. TJ

TJ One of Us

I wouldn't have gone out on Wednesday last week but Thur @ Goryu, Fri @ Goryu and Sat @Tsugaike were excellent spring conditions. Can't please everyone I suppose. Actually Friday morning should have been excellent skiing with temps below zero in the village..

2. skichanger

skichanger A Local Ski Pass: Gold

Oh I wasn't complaining but when you are at Myoko for the whole season with a season pass why buy a ticket to ski in ordinary conditions. Wed was official practice so no choice for competitors. Hakuba is a really difficult moguls course and what I watched was entertaining - lots of crashes and people going for big tricks but no injuries. Thursday was very soft and Friday was better but still spring skiing.

3. skichanger

Snowing at Inawashiro. We are at the Gan Deco not Listel, where I originally thought we were going. We had rain and warm conditions on Thursday and Friday. Started snowing about 9pm last night.It is all back to being white and beautiful. But may not be the best skiing conditions for a moguls event.

4. Vermillion

Vermillion Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

Cant really complain dude, it's April and you're getting fresh.

5. skichanger

Yeah in Aus the hoards would be out for these conditions. Here it is just small top up. Last 2 days had sun in the morning then cloud coming and going with it puking at times. Poor kid who was the last skier in the final on the first day had to wait about 30 minutes to do his run as the judges had no hope of seeing him. This morning again sunny and a bit windy so it will probably be the same. I finally get to actually ski for the next 2 days instead of standing around at the bottom of a moguls course.

6. TJ

TJ One of Us

3 days of April pow pow. Very happy to finish up on that. Now just one month of spring skiing to go :)
    [​IMG]

JoeKing and fletch like this.
  7. Vermillion

Vermillion Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

What's the latest a hill stays open in Hakuba valley?

8. Sandy

Sandy Dark Sith Lord of the Pool Room Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

It should be Happo, Tsugaike & Goryu/47. They run until after Golden Week (early May)

They run the Happo gondy & the top two chairs right through the summer for hikers hiking up to the pond(and beyond) about an hour above the top. Tsugaike does the same with their gondola & the Ropeway.

fletch and Vermillion like this.
  9. skichanger

Sunny days at the moment. At Gran Deco at Inawashiro the gobdola and 1 chair only running yesterday. We had finished training by 1200 as it was way to soft. Temp was 18 degrees just south of Niigata city on the way home. And lots of blossoms out in Joetsu.

At Akakura Kanko the gondola is running. Can only see the bottom 2 chairs from the car park and they were not running. A surprising number of cars in the car park. I have seen less on really good days mid-week in winter.

10. Undies

Undies Pizza! Ski Pass: Gold

How did the season peak depth end up? Feels like it's been snowing quite a bit since Feb.

11. skichanger

Skied at Taira near Nanto on the weekend. Clear conditions so it was Icy early and then became quite soft later in the day. And then beginning to firm up by about 5pm.